Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas Story about Love.

Post 99 - - - - - Thursday, 28 December 2006.

Hello Everyone ~~ I hope this finds you well and enjoying life.

I have had a busy day, after Kathy and her 17 year old son Joh left, I was picked up and taken shopping for food for 2 hours.

The rest of the day just went, with putting things away, doing

some watering in the garden and answering a few family e-mails

and some phone calls etc etc. So, please bear with me, and I will answer your comments in the near future.

Someone sent me the following item, by an unknown author.

It is called 1 Corinthians 13 --- A Christmas Version.

If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows, strands of

twinkling lights and shiny balls, but do not show love, I’m just

another decorator.

If I slave away in the kitchen, baking dozens of Christmas cookies, preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned table at meal time, but do not show love, I’m just another cook.

If I work at a soup kitchen, carol in nursing home and give all that I have to charity, but do not show love, it profits me nothing.

If I trim the spruce with shimmering angels and crocheted snowflakes, attend a myriad of holiday parties and sing in the choir’s cantata, but do not focus on Christ, I have missed the point.

Love stops the cooking to hug the child.

Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the husband.

Love is kind, though harried and tired.

Love does not envy another’s home that has co-ordinated Christmas china and table linens.

Love doesn’t yell at the kids to get out of the way, but is thankful they are there to be in the way.

Love doesn’t give only to those who are able to give in return

but rejoices in giving to those who can’t.

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails.

Video games will break, pearl necklaces will be lost, golf clubs

will rust, but giving the gift of love will endure.

<><><><>

A late Christmas joke - - -

There were two blondes who went deep into the frozen woods

searching for a Christmas tree.

After hours of subzero tempteratures and a few close calls with wild aimals, one blonde turned to the other and said, “I’m

chopping down the next tree I see. I don’t care whether it’s

decorated or not !! ”

<><><><>

Ole, while not a brilliant scholar, was a gifted portrait painter.

His fame grew and soon people from all over the country were coming to him for paintings.

One day a beautiful young woman pulled up to his house in a stretch limo. She asked Ole if he would paint her in the nude.

This was the first time anyone had made such a request.

The beautiful lady said money was no object; she was willing

to pay $50,000.

Not wanting to get in trouble with his wife, Ole asked the lady

to wait while he went in the house and conferred with Lena, his

missus.

In a few minutes, he returned and said to the lady : “Yeah , shoor, you betcha. I’ll paint ya in da nude, but I’ll have to

leave my socks on, so I’ll have a place to wipe my brushes. “

<><><><>

Little Johnny came downstairs bellowing lustily. His mother

asked, “What’s the matter now?” “Dad was hanging pictures

and just hit is thumb with a hammer,” said Johnny through

his tears. “That’s so serious,” soothed his mother. “I know you

are upset, but a big boy like you shouldn’t cry at something

like that. “Why didn’t you just laugh?” “I did !” sobbed Johnny

<><><><>

I am too tired tonight to do any more. So I will get off to bed

and try to do better next time. Meanwhile, stay well and happy

and take care. Cheers, Merle.

Post 99 - - - - - Thursday, 28 December, 2006.

<><><><><>

4 comments:

Granny said...

I love that version of one of my favorite Bible chapters. Thanks.

Val said...

Blonde joke was great, as usual.

Planning something big for your 100th post?

Margaret said...

Dear Merle Welcome back, I have missed you. Pleased you had a lovely Christmas with your family. Enjoyed reading your post very much. Lots of love Margaret

Puss-in-Boots said...

Good evening, Merle. That's a rather lovely slant on that lovely Bible piece. I had the original as a reading when I was married.

Yes, I did plenty of shopping and stocked up "real" food, too.

Have a good night's sleep and I hope you wake refreshed tomorrow.

Goodnight, my friend.

Love and hugs xoxo