Sunday, May 27, 2007

Visitors Galore.

Post 213 - - - - - Saturday, 26th May, 2007.

Hello My Friends ~~ I hope you are all enjoying the weekend
as I am. Geoff and Jo came up last night and we went shopping
for a few plants etc and Geoff created a fairy garden for me It
looks lovely with only white rocks to go around. I will try to put
a photo on shortly. We couldn't get the rocks today so they are
going to bring them up in a couple of weeks. I love it.

While they were here, I had a phone call from Jacqui (from
Bears Galore) who is (or was) my sister-in-law when our kids were
very young and growing up together. Anyway, as a result of the
call. Jacqui and Walter arrived and we all had a lovely time. Geoff
had not seen his aunt for many, many years.

John's dogs were in Doggie heaven today with all of us for company
and they got lots of cuddles amidst the gardening. Geoff and Jo
went home after all the work was done, and then Jacqui, Walter and I
watched several football matches, with all our teams losing today.
John is due home tomorrow, the dogs have been good and didn't
wreck my new little garden. (So far)

Thank you all again for the Birthday wishes as they were very much
appreciated. My brothher Peter will be 71 on Monday, 28th May.
Jacqui and Walter are staying a couple of nights, so lots of talking
and we are all enjoying it. Walter is in the throes of giving up his
smoking, so I hope he can stick to it. It's great to give it up, as I know
because I smoked for 40 odd years. Gave up in 1996.

On Monday, I have some cousins coming for a visit, and one of them
are providing the meal. It is cold to go out for a meal, so we are having
it here. We usually only meet up when Peter is down, but because I
said he was picking on me saying I was 3 years older than him, my
cousin Brendon said, "We'll fix him - -we won't invite him to dinner!!"
For those who do not know, we live MANY miles away from each other.
It has been busy around here which is nice , for a change. I often do
not have many visitors, so am enjoying it.

I must get to bed folks, so will close for this post. Take great care and
enjoy the rest of your weekend. Love and best wishes, Merle.

Post 213 = = = = = Saturday, 26th May, 2007.
<><><><>

9 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Sounds like you're having a marvellous time dear Merle and I'm so happy for you! Oooooh you now have a faerie garden as well...I can't wait to see it!!! Isn't this so much fun? hehe Take care of yourself and keep enjoying your visitors:-) xoxo

Jim said...

Hi Merle -- We are back (early) now. I've even posted my status!
That is nice for you to have all that company, mostly relatives too!

Please say hello to Peter for me. He visited my blog last night and I hadn't even told him we were back. I only visited the first half on my list yesterday (alphabetical order) and the both of you are on for today.

My sister is in town (really south of our town, 80 miles away) visiting her daughter and the family.
Sister--Lois--is from Iowa, about 1250 miles north from here.
She will drop in for breakfast on her way home this Wednesday.
..

Jim said...

Oh yes, happy belated birthday!
..
I'll tell Peter Monday, on time. Thanks for telling us. I guess he'll still be there for that?
..

Tammy said...

I can't wait to see the picture of your faerie garden!!
:)

Unknown said...

Thank you, Merle. Alex and I are enjoying a quiet holiday weekend here in the States.

JunieRose2005 said...

Dear Merle,

Sounds like you're having a fine time this week end , with all your company! :) That's good!...and I'm looking forward to your pictures of your garden too!


Love,


Junie

Peter said...

Hi Merle, nice to hear that you have been having/and are expecting visitors, I had the collectors for the Salvo's appeal but that's all.
Say Hi to Jacqui and Walter for me, and tell Brendan hello too, even though he didn't invite me to dinner.
I'm enjoying today as it's the last day that I'm 3 years younger than you.... until next year.

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Merle. I just came from Pea's site and just wanted to greet you a Belated Happy Birthday. Hope you had a lovely birthday celebration with your loved ones. Advance Happy Birthday to your brother, Peter. God bless your family.

Puss-in-Boots said...

Hi Merle

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend with your family and grand-dogs!

Did you have a big spend up at Bunnings, too? They must love you...one of those people who keep the gross domestic product figures up...hahaha!

Have a lovely week, Merle, and enjoy your fairy garden.

Hugs