Sunday, November 18, 2007

Life is Funny.

Post 367 ~ ~ ~ Sunday, 18th November, 2007.

Hi Everyone ~~ I hope you are all doing well and
enjoying your weekend. It is over for those of us
in the Southern Hemisphere. We got a brief shower
of rain this morning. I had hoped to go to the
craft market for a look, but that is when the rain
came down and I am sure not going to complain about
that. They say it is going to be 36 C tomorrow and
37 the next day. Wednesday is meant to be back in the
20 s So must plan to do some jobs while it is cooler.

A few more photos from my garden.



Just a tree fern out the back, between the fairy garden
and the Wisteria, which now has no flowers, but TONS of
foliage, which I have to keep trimmed.

A few hanging baskets of geraniums on my side fence, beside
the drive way, and my neighbor's house behind.



This is a hare's foot fern ~~ with rather long and confused hare's feet.


Tonight I have an item called "Life is Funny." Hope you enjoy.

Funny how big $100 "looks" when you take it to church, but how
small when you take it to the mall.

Funny how long it takes to serve God for an hour, but how quickly
a team plays 60 minutes of basketball.

Funny how long a couple of hours spent at church are, but how
short they are when watching a movie.

Funny how we can't think of anything to say when we pray, but don't
really have any difficulty thinking of things to talk about to a friend.

Funny how we are thrilled if a baseball game goes into extra innings,
but we complain if a sermon is longer than the regular time.

Funny how hard it is to read a chapter of the Bible, but how easy to
read 100 pages of a best selling novel.

Funny how people ant to get a front seat at any game or concert,
but scramble to get a back seat at church services.

Funny how we need 2 or 3 weeks advance notice to fit a church event
into our schedule, but can adjust our schedule for other events at
the last moment.

Funny how hard it is for people to learn a simple gospel well enough to
tell others, but how simple it is for the same people to understand and
repeat gossip.

Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the
Bible says.

Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided they do not have
to believe or think, or say, or do anything.

Funny how you can send a thousand jokes through e-mail and they
spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding
the Lord, people think twice about sharing.

FUNNY, ISN'T IT ?

Are you laughing? Are you thinking?
Spread the Word and give thanks to the Lord for He is good.

Funny isn't it when you go to forward this message how many on your
list are not receiving it because you're not sure they believe in
anything. Funny ? . . . . . . Sad.
<><><>

Tom was very annoyed with his parrot. Every time someone
visited Tom's home, the parrot would say something offensive.

Tom tried to make the parrot behave. When the parrot shouted
"fat cow, fat cow"
at Tom's mother, Tom flicked cold water at
his pet.

When the parrot shouted obscene four letter words at a visiting
priest, Tom hastily covered the parrot's cage and kept the bird
in the dark for a whole day.

The final straw came when the parrot made such disgusting
comments to Tom's girlfriend that she stormed out of the house.
Tom scolded the bird, took it out of it's cage, put it ina strong
transparent plastic box with air holes, and put it in the freezer.
He told the bird, "It's time you cooled down."

Ten minutes later, Tom opened the freezer, and the parrot said,
"Sorry, sorry! I've learnt my lesson. I'll behave. But please
let me know what the chicken in here said to annoy you . . . "
<><><>

My young cousin lives on a farm and was given a pet duck for
his birthday. He was soon proudly boasting that the duck
could say it's own name.

"What is the duck's name ? I asked.
My cousin replied, "Its name is Quack."
<><>

When 8 year old Jonathan came home from school, his mother said,
"Daddy wants to see you in his study."

"Oh no, " said Jonathan
. "I don't want to go in there."
"Why not?" asked his mother. "You've done nothing wrong. He just
wants a little chat with you."
Reluctantly, Jonathan
entered is father's study.

"Sit down," said his father, "I think you are old enough for me to
tell you about the birds and the bees.

Jonathan screamed, "No. No!" and put his hands over his ears.
is father went to calm him down. "What's the matter?" he
gently asked.

"I don't like hearing things in your study," replied Jonathan.
"When I was smaller and you first asked me to come in here,
you told me there was no Santa Claus. The next time you
asked me to your study, you told me there was no tooth fairy.
And if you're now going to tell me there is no such thing as
sex, then I don't want to hear it."
<><><>

Albert had just been found guilty of killing his very bossy
and argumentative wife by pushing her out of the window
of a room on the 29th floor of a hotel.

"This is a very serious offence," said the judge. "If your
wife had fallen on someone, there could have been a very
nasty accident."
<><><>

Well, I have the same old problem, can't keep awake, so
will say Goodnight and try to do better tomorrow.
Take care of yourselves and each other. Love and best
wishes to you all. Cheers, Merle.


Post 367 ~ ~ ~ Sunday, 18th November, 2007.
<><><>

10 comments:

Gattina said...

You lucky girl ! More than 30° ! I just came back from Egypt where it was also so warm and now I am freezing here in - 2° and have the blues !

Granny said...

Love the parrot story!!

I envy your warm weather and your garden as I sit here in a sweatshirt thinking about hot oatmeal for breakfast.

Patty said...

Hope you had a restful, peaceful sleep.

Raggedy said...

G'day Merle,
Sometimes your posts are so good they just leave me speechless. This is one of them.
Awesome!!!!
Fabulous post my dear!!
Thank you!!!
Sleep well, sweet dreams.
Huggles and Love,
Raggedy

Lady Di Tn said...

Merle
Maybe we should let loose the same thing on the foul mouth media but I cannot figure out what to put in the icebox to put the FEAR INTO THEM.
Love the pictures of the tree fern and we call our hare foot fern, rabbit foot fern. One and the same haha.
Have a great week and I might not post until after the Thanksgiving holidays.
I feel like ole ROBERT FROST 'MILES TO GO BEFORE I SLEEP'
Thanks for all your stories and jokes. Yes we are Thankful for getting to know YOU.
PEACE MY FRIEND.

Jim said...

Hi Merle -- You are doing wonderfully! I hope you are resting well.
You do make gardening look so easy but I know there is a lot of hard work. We seem not to be able to do much of it around here.
Our excuses would be about like yours, too hot, too cold, too old, not enough time, etc. But you get yours done.
..

Jeanette said...

Hi Dear Merle,Just on for a few mins.
Missed a few posts but couldnt sit at puter my back is giving me hell.
Thursday still looking ok, Love all your pics all you plants show there well cared for.
great jokes once again.

Puss-in-Boots said...

I've just read the post previous to this one, Merle and laughed my head off at the one about the guy who got smacked like his mother used to do!

Sweat peas...I love those little flowers. I can't grow them here although my daughter did last year, she had a good spot against the water take for them.

You asked the other day if I'd heard from Lee and I meant to answer and forgot! She's well but is enjoying her break from blogging too much to start again at the moment. She had a most enjoyable birthday and has been doing her usual entertaining and cooking and is now getting ready for Christmas.

Take care and stay cool. xoxo

Lucy Stern said...

You do have a lovely garden Merle. We had about 3 to 4 inches of rain last night, what a thurderstorm.

audrey` said...

Dearest Merle

I agree with Lucy Stern.
You've a very lovely garden indeed.
The ferns and flowers are so beautiful.

"Life is Funny" sets me thinking.
Yes, you're right.
We must thank our Lord more often =)