Tuesday, November 06, 2007

A New Relationship with Time.

Post 358 ~ ~ ~ ~ Tuesday, 6th November, 2007.


Hello My Friends ~ ~ I am way behind with my replies but I will

get there eventually. Thank you so much for your comments and

concern for John, who is back at work, so hopefully will be OK.


I had a relief Home Care lady today as my usual lady was sick.

So the house is tidy and the bedclothes nice and fresh. I have

got back into my satin ones now it is getting warmer. The satin

is not to be flash, but to help me turn over in bed at night as I

have a bad back.

Tomorrow night we go to our second computer class, so we are

looking forward to that. I think we are going to learn how to get on

the net and to send e mails. (These couple I already know.)

My neighbor who I go with has to have a small skin spot removed

in the afternoon, so I hope she will be OK, It is very minor, but

nothing like that is fun. I have offered to get a taxi for us both.


Tonight I have an article about Time, so hope it helps us use our

time better. Though I have serious doubts about myself !!!




A New Relationship with Time
(An excerpt from Dreams Are Whispers from the Soul)


Probably no other complaint is voiced more often than not having enough time.
“I don’t have time to pursue my dreams or to even know what my dreams are. I don’t
have time for me, for my family and friends. Basically, I don’t have time to live my life.”


Passion is the ultimate time management tool for two reasons. First, when you are
doing what you love, who cares about time? When you are with someone special, or
listening to a great piece of music, or painting or volunteering, doesn’t time just fly by?
Second, when you are doing what you love it often gets done faster.


The way we spend our time is the way we spend our lives. Can you slow down enough
to get “in synch” with life, nature, and most importantly, yourself? Tune in to your rhythm
and natural pulse. Take off your watch and give yourself a day off. Eat when you’re
hungry and sleep when you’re tired so you can discover who you are, what you need
and what works best for you.


Make a date with yourself, every day if possible. Even if for only a half hour, carving out
time for you is a great act of generosity. Your work can usually wait a half hour, but
your soul can’t.


Whether we like it or not, the clock keeps ticking so live fully, every single second of
every single day. Learn the true joy of doing less and having more as you experience
each day as priceless. Fill your life with as many precious moments and experiences
of joy and passion as you humanly can.


When you “catch yourself in the act” of doing something that doesn’t serve you, you can
choose to change it and when it’s a repeating pattern, you can literally change your life.

By Marcia Wieder.

Time for some jokes ~ ~ ~ ~

Definitions ~ ~

Adolescence ~~ period between puberty and adultery.

Bacteria ~~ the back entrance of a cafeteria.

Adults ~~ people who have stopped growing at the ends but have
started to grow in the middle.

Blunderbuss ~~ a coach load of spinsters on their way to a maternity
hospital.

Buoyant ~ ~ male equivalent of gallant.

Catacomb ~ ~ comb for a cat.

Cloak ~~ mating call of a Chinese frog.

Dogma ~ ~ the mother of puppies.

Eunuch ~ ~ man cut out to be a bachelor.

Mistress ~ ~ something between a mister and a mattress.

Mushroom ~ ~ place where Eskimos train their dogs.

Myth ~ ~ unmarried female with a lisp.

Octopus ~ ~ an eight sided cat.

Polysyllables ~ ~ the language of parrots.

Sadist ~ ~ someone who would put a drawing pin on an
electric chair.

Signature tune ~ ~ song of a young swan.

Ultimate ~ ~ the last person to marry.

Vice versa ~ dirty poems.

<><>

Timothy was on holiday in Ireland and was staying at a small
country inn. One evening in the bar he was amazed by the
following conversation :

"That's a beautiful hat you've got there," said an old man to a
young fellow who was standing next to him at the bar, "Where
did you buy it ?"

"At O'Grady's," replied the young man.
"Why, I go there myself," commented the old man."You must
live around here,, do you ?"
"Aye, From Murphy Street."

" Gracious,: exclaimed the old man. "I live there too !"

"Quite amazing," commented Timothy to the barman,
"that those two folk live in the same street and have only
just met."

"Don't you believe it," said the barman. "They're actually
father and son but they're always too drunk to recognize
each other.
<><><>

A man went to see his bank manager to ask for a loan.
After he had taken particulars, the bank manager said,
"By rights, I should refuse your request, but I will give
you a sporting chance. Now one of my eyes is made of
glass. If you can tell me which one it is, I will grant you
the loan."

The customer looked at the other intently for a few moments
and then said, "It's your right eye !"
"That's correct," said the bank manager. "How did you guess?"

"Well," replied the customer, "It appeared to be the more
sympathetic !!"
<><>

Fresh from a shower, a woman stands in front of the mirror,
complaining to her husband that her breasts were too small.

Instead of automatically telling her it's not so, the husband
uncharacteristically comes up with a suggestion. If you want
your breasts to grow, then every day take a piece of toilet paper
and rub it between your breasts for a few seconds.

Willing to try anything, the woman grabs a piece of toilet paper
and stands in front of the mirror, rubbing it between her breasts.

"How long will this take ?" she asksl
"They will grow larger over a period of years, " he replies.

"Do you really think rubbing a piece of toilet paper between my
breasts every day will make my breasts larger over the years ?"

Without missing a beat, he says, " Worked for your bum, didn't it ?"
He's still alive, and with a great deal of physio, he may even walk
again. Stupid, stupid man.
<><>

A bear, a lion and a chicken meet. The Bear says, " If I roar in the
forest, the entire forest shivers with fear."

The lion says, "If I roar in the desert, the entire desert is afraid of me."

Says the chicken, "Big deal. I only have to cough and the entire
planet s***s itself."
<><>

A young man wanted to get his beautiful blonde wife, Suzie,
something special for their first wedding anniversary. So he

decided to buy her a mobile phone. He showed her the phone
and explained to her all its features.

Suzie was excited to receive the gift and simply loved her phone.

The next day, Suzie went shopping. Her phone rang and, to her astonishment
it was her husband on the other end. "Hi, Suzie, " he said, "How do you like
your new phone ?"

Suzie replied, " I just love it. It's so small and your voice is clear
as a bell, but there's one thing I don't understand."

"What's that, sweetie ?" asked her husband.
"How did you know I was in K Mart ?"
<><>

A few quotes to finish with ~ ~ ~

We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars.

All's well that ends well.

Babies are the nicest way of all to start making people.

The longest journey begins with a single step.

Realize that in every day there is a magic moment just
waiting to happen

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Enough for tonight. Blogger won't allow me to have a decent
size font or colors tonight.Take care my friends, and have a
lovely day tomorrow and take care of each other.
Love and Best Wishes to you all. Cheers, Merle.

Post 358 ~ ~ ~ ~ Tuesday, 6th November, 2007.

<><><>





















14 comments:

Lady Di Tn said...

Glad all is well and clean on your side of the world.
The more I do the more BEHINDER I get.
Since the placemate of the rods and screws in my back I always tell people "I have a bad back and yes I know the front is not to good either". Kind of keeps it light and usually we all laugh at my sic humor.
I am being lazy as Maggie got me up at 4:42 am this morning. I was afraid when the time changed that she would get us up at 4 am but Sunday she was her usual 5 o'clock dog routine. Now she has moved it up 15 mins. Not good, she is going the wrong way.
Thanks for all the jokes and stories that keeps us out here in blogger sky entertained.
peace my friend

Jim said...

Your jokes are wonderful today. So good that after my favorite I can't pick a second.
Stupid, stupid man, of course was true. Do us men dare try that?

I'm pleased when you visit my blog. Since I don't post every day anymore it's ok to just check it just every now and then.
Especially since you might be going into time management.
..

Gledwood said...

Why is it the Irish so love their drink? I really don't understand that...

Merle be honest: did you clean up before the clean-up lady came? Yes I think you did. Naughty girl!

audrey` said...

Good Morning Merle

Praying for John and his appointment tomorrow.

Enjoy your computer class today.
Take care =)

Catherine said...

Alway's a treat visiting here, with all the wonderful word's & funny joke's!! Hope your hubby is doing well! I also like the way your start out each post with the no. of that post..very neat idea, and original!
Have a great evening!
Take care,
Cat

Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Merle:-)

I'm back from my trip and now trying to visit everyone...I swear I was gone for a month instead of just a few days! lol Glad to hear that John is now back at work, may he continue to do well! I've never slept on satin sheets but I hear they are great to have for someone with bad backs.

Loved the article about Time...we certainly do need to make time work for us in a healthier and better way. I so enjoyed the jokes as well...the definitions are so very funny! lol

Take care dear friend. xoxo

Renie Burghardt said...

Dear Merle,

Loved the new relationship with time! Copied and pasted it, so I can read it often.

The jokes are a great way to start my day here.

Have fun in computer class, and have a wonderful day.

Warm regards,

Renie

Jeanette said...

Hi Dear Merle, Hope you managed to get to your computer classand your friend is ok.
loved relationship with time,
I do this everyday, Take off your watch and give yourself a day off. Eat when you’re
hungry and sleep when you’re tired.
good definitions jokes and Quotes, Every cloud has a silver lining.
Take care dear Merle ... see u soon Janxoxo

Patty said...

Hey that sounds great, a clean house and fresh sheets. Myself I sleep in a recliner, so each night I put a twin size fitted sheet over it and use a flat sheet to cover with, also have a small afghan since it's been cooler. I don't do any turning, but it sure helps the hip joints and my back. I would love to have one of those adjustamatic beds, but I've heard they cost an awfully lot of money. Never checked it out.

I like this one you posted: Mistress ~ ~ something between a mister and a mattress.

Have fun at your computer class.

LZ Blogger said...

Merle ~ I love the concept of "Dreams Are Whispers from the Soul" ~ NICE! ~ jb///

Mary said...

Time is a precious commodity and we should always remember to use it to its full potential. So many times it is wasted.

I'm glad John is back to work and am hoping the pain is gone.

Please stop by and check out the sticky post on how to Be A Blessing This Christmas I'm sure you'll enjoy learning about it.

Loved the jokes, as usual.

Blessings,
Mary

Leann said...

Hi dear I been gone.so guess I better get on the ball and check out every ones blog.
always good to read your blog.or see your smiling face on mine.
have a great week and God bless you.

Deborah Wilson said...

Dear Merle,

Catching up on your blog - I've been running around like a chicken with it head off all week!

First, I want to wish your son well. I hope that he is doing better. Send him good wishes for me.

And, the Time piece is so true - it serves as a reminder.

The toilet paper/breasts is a keeper - hilarious! :)

Puss-in-Boots said...

Loved those definitions, Merle. I love things like that.

Oooh, so your friend has had a bit cut out...not nice, but better off than not.

Thanks for letting me know Peter put another photo up. I don't like that one much either, but it is marginally better than the first one. I really am not photogenic at all.

Take care and enjoy your satin sheets, you saucy lady, you!

Hugs xoxo