Monday, April 25, 2011

Update 3

Hi to all, once again I am deputizing for my Sister, Merle has finally been moved into a ward and is feeling much more herself again, we spent 30 minutes on the phone and managed to crack a few jokes as well as the normal conversation.

There is some talk of putting a pacemaker in to correct an irregular heartbeat, the talk I have heard about this process is all positive so if it will help I'm all in favour of it

Merle was very upbeat about all the family attention she has had both from immediate and extended family, its always nice to know that loved ones are thinking of you, She is also very appreciative of the love and prayers from her Blog friends, I made no mention to her of my own minor health issues as she is a born worrier and doesn't need to concern herself with my small problems.


Now let me see if I can find a suitable joke???


With age comes wisdom...

A guy is 81 years old and loves to fish. He was sitting in his boat the other day when he heard a voice say, "Pick me up." He looked around and couldn't see any one. He thought he was dreaming when he heard the voice say again, "Pick me up." He looked in the water and there, floating on the top, was a frog.
The man said, "Are you talking to me?"
The frog said, "Yes, I'm talking to you. Pick me up. Then, kiss me and I'll turn into the most beautiful woman you have ever seen. I'll then give you more sexual pleasure that you ever could have dreamed of."
The man looked at the frog for a short time, reached over, picked it up carefully, and placed it in his front breast pocket.
Then the frog said, "What, are you nuts? Didn't you hear what I said? I said kiss me and I will give you sexual pleasures like you have never had."
He opened his pocket, looked at the frog and said, "Nah, at my age I'd rather have a talking frog."





18 comments:

Granny Annie said...

Good news! Good joke:) Good brother.

Anonymous said...

Phew! Thank you for the update and I hope you are ok too!

Michelle


P.S. Love the joke!

Dave said...

Praying for both of you Peter.... and glad Merle's moved out of ICU.

auntpearl said...

I am so happy to hear she is starting to feel better. I miss her so much. Please give her my love.
Hope your health problems make a turn to the better very soon.
Take care and thank you so much for keeping us informed.

jel said...

WOOHOO! that is good news


hope ya get too feeling better Peter!

Anonymous said...

So happy, happy, happy to hear that Merle is on a ward now (out of ICU) and beginning to feel a bit better! Prayers answered and prayers continuing for the pacemaker and her healing! Sending Love and Hugs to her! Hope your minor health issues will resolve! Prayers for you too and thanks for keeping us updated on how Merle is doing! Funnnnnnie joke!!!

Joy Des Jardins said...

What good news about Merle...I'm so glad she is feeling much better. She'll be home before you know it. I hope you're doing better too Peter. Are you taking your medicine young man? Many hugs to you both... Love, Joy

Gigi Ann said...

Thanks Peter for the update, you are a good brother. I am so glad to hear Merle is feeling better. I hope you too, will be feeling better as well, and I wish both of you a speedy recovery. Fun joke... ; )

Lady Di Tn said...

Cute joke. Once again thanks for the update on our dear friend Merle. Both Mother and Dad had pacemaker and it really made them feel better so I hope Merle goes for one. Tell her we miss her the most and we are wishing her well. Peace

HORIZON said...

Peter- wonderful news about Merle- thank you again for the update post and joke. Also sorry to hear you've had your own problems.
The pacemaker sounds like a great idea- my father and mother-in-law have had them- kept them going into their 90's!! Can l get one at half that age???? ;)
Love to Merle and a major pat on the back for a lovely brother xx

Patty said...

Glad to hear all is going well for Merle. Now remember to take care of yourself. You can tell Merle, our daughters tumor in her kidney, so far from the fast test they did, was clear of cancer cells. They will be doing more testing just to make sure, and it takes longer, because they cut it into thin slices and check each slice. She came home the next day. I just Which means she has one larger and about four smaller openings, when done, no stitches, they glue it shut. I find it all amazing. I talked with her and she's hurting pretty good this morning. They did her operation by robotics. Tell Merle to keep up the good work of improving so she can be home again soon. Peter, if you would send me her address, I would actually mail out a card to her. My e-mail address is momlinc@yahoo.com Thanks, Patty

Carole Burant said...

Thank you so much for the update, Peter, it is indeed great news that she's been moved into a ward and that she's feeling better. So many people have pacemakers now and as you say, if it will help her then that's the way to go. My prayers continue for her!! I do hope and pray that your own health problems can soon be resolved. Loved the joke!! xoxo

Jim said...

Thank you, Peter, for the good news update. Merle needed to get shut of that ICU.

Merle, I do wish and pray for the best for you. It does sound like the pacemaker may help. Your doctors know best (I think). I have some friends with them, they all are happy. One is a lady about 65, she had it put in a couple of years ago.

And Peter, I hope and will pray for you to to get better. Getting old is H*ll, just ask me. But I'm half-way good again.

Cheers,
..

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Thanks for the update, Peter ... sending love and hugs to you both xxxx

Deborah Wilson said...

Tell Merle that we love her and are thinking of her every day. Praying for a quick recovery for her.

Big Dave T said...

Cute joke. I'm getting to the age where I can appreciate the humor. Glad to hear Merle is doing better. Hope she comes home soon. My grandmother has been in and out of the hospital lately and she definitely prefers OUT.

Mountain Mama said...

Please give Merle my love and let her know I am still praying for her. It's such a scary thing to go through but we must remember the Lord is in control of all. I hope you are doing ok too. It's so sweet of you to keep us informed. Merle is blessed to have you for a brother.

audrey` said...

Thank you so much for providing the updates to us, Peter. It means a lot to us :)