Monday, January 14, 2013

Daddy's Car in the Woods..

Post   814  ~ ~ ~ Sunday,  13th  January, 20 13.

Hello my friends, Well I am making a late start on Sunday night, so be warned. This may be
a short post.  Who knows???

First I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your lives my friends. There is always something to learn every day and most of us have had time to make some great memories
so let us enjoy them while we may.

I have had cause to remember the past as I had a visit from my brother Peter which was great and we relaxed andcaught up with recent doings and laughing over some old ones.
He came on Wednesday and did I get a shock ??-- no notice of warning. THen John and Kathy came home from the funeral, so the volume increased. These two always got on well.

Thank you most sincerely to all who sent condolences and words of sympathy. It wa a very long week from the Mondey Laurie died until the next Monday to his Cremation Ceromony, but it felt better after and Julie is doing well and each day sounded better  She is still grieving but  "you gotta do what you gotta do" she quoted at me many times. I have been
asked many times over the years how I coped at different times ---Well I didn't have any
choice  You just manage to take the hand that is dealt to us.

It was great to see Peter and to spend a few days together, and he is going to call again on his way home towards the end of the month. I hardly went to sleep while he was here, so I need to be entertained it seems. It helped having someone to talk to.

Well I had better find a few stories or jokes now my friends.


Well the jokes will have to wait as I can hardly see what is inn the screen and I am cold
and tired (what's new??) Have to eat and take tablets  and get to bed.   will try to put some
jokes on through the week.

Take great care my friends and look after yourselves and each other.  My love qnd best
wishwa to you all.  Cheers, Merle.

Post  814 ~ ~ ~ Sunday,  13th  January,  2013.
<><><>



















11 comments:

Granny Annie said...

You don't have to enclose jokes to make us glad to see you. It is always good to hear how you are and especially knowing how you have fared through this difficult and sad time.

Lee said...

Good to see you, Merle. I reiterate what Granny Annie wrote...we just like seeing you...the jokes are neither here nor there...it is you we care about. :)

You look after yourself. Hugs.

Jeanette said...

Dearest Merle.
So sad to hear the passing of Sil Laurie. my deepest sympathy Julie and yourself.
Had a lovely visit from Peter. , Carol, Donna and Family were still here on xmas hols so there was a lot of catching up and Laughter with Peter.
Peter told me of your falls hope your ok and not to bruised hang on to your walker firmly and the chair as you go down the step to your chair.
Im ok my shoulder still sore.. I whole heartedly agree with you we dont get any choice, we have to smile and get on with life You gotta do what you gotta do.
Well my dear friend you take great care, stay cool in this heat ill call in next time im in Shepparton all my love Jan xxxxxxxxxx
+

audrey` said...

Yippee! Peter, John and Kathy spent some fabulous time with you. These precious moments are great memories for everyone. Take care, my dear friend Merle (((HUGS)))

Gina E. said...

We've all got our burdens haven't we....Did I tell you Ken's Mum died on New Years eve...think I did. Now my computer has crashed, so I'm on Ken's laptop to catch up on my blog friends.

Lady Di Tn said...

First of all, I am so sorry to hear about your SIL, I will put Julie in my prayers. Bless her heart she now has a year of Firsts to deal with. I wish for her many wonderful memories to contend with those firsts. Glad to hear that you had such a grand visit with Peter and the surprise of the others dropping by. I have been trying to navigate the new computer. I cannot complain as I asked Santa for one of my very own. Things that use to be second nature are now having to go through a new thought process. I shall have to practice, practice and practice. Wishing you enough.Peace

Jim said...

Hi Merle ~~ Your report its very cheering because I am glad that you THOROUGHLY enjoyed your visits. I am sure that those also helped Julie cope with this next chapter in her life. Too the loving care she had been providing helped her to easier accept Laurie's death.

Don't worry about not having stories for us either, we read hear for hearing about you and for sure the stories aren't the most important we come for.

BTW, where will Peter be for a whole month? We are home now, but really did enjoy our Aus visit. Sidney is the greatest!!! It would have been really nice to have come to Shepparton but that wasn't possible on our limited schedule.
..

Beth E. said...

You always make me smile, sweet Merle...even without the jokes! :-)

I'm glad you had such a nice visit with your brother, Peter. I hope you were able to rest this week, since you didn't get much sleep while he was there.

Love you...

Joy Des Jardins said...

I know how you enjoy your visits...and I'm so glad Peter surprised you and you spent some time together. Probably good timing...you needed a few laughs. My deepest sympathy on the loss in your family. Much love, Joy

Big Dave T said...

At least your computer is working well. Mine not so much. Today it decided to go "phishing" and sent out e-mails to some of my blogging buddies telling them to click on this link. I'm sure something bad would happen if they did. I changed the password on my e-mail account. Hope that does it.

Peter! Hope all is well with him, and you too.

Jim said...

Hi again, Merle. I too am running late, very late. I wish you a very speedy recovery. Your "Daddy's Car" story will be a new one for me. I hope you will be posting it soon.
Cheers,
..
BTW, I have few Sydney picture on my blog today. The Botanical Garden is a beautiful place, it is so kept up so very well. We visited it on January 14, the morning before we flew out that afternoon.
..