Friday, September 22, 2006

Coincidences.

Hello People ~~ Back with you again, with some bits and

pieces to post for you. I will start with a recipe I cut out

of a magazine today. I know I haven’t tried it, but I am

sure it will work. It is called –--

KIDS CHICKEN AND PINEAPPLE SUBS.

4 Bake at Home dinner rolls halved

1 tablespn of light olive oil

1 single chicken breast fillet, cut into small cubes

2 tblespns tomato sauce

125 can creamed corn

1/3 cup drained pineapple pieces

1 cup grated cheese

Salad to serve

1. Place rolls cut side up on an oven tray.

2. Cook in hot oven 200C for 5 minutes or until golden brown

3. Heat oil in small frying pan, cook chicken, stirring till

browned all over and cooked through. Remove from heat and

add tomato sauce.

4. Spread cut side of each roll with creamed corn. Top with the

chicken mixture and pineapple pieces, sprinkle with cheese.

5. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and

lightly browned.

6. Serve pizza subs with salad. Serves 4. Preparation 10 mins

Cooking time 10 mins

Sounds easy and nice, and I guess any rolls could be used.


<><><><><>


Something different tonight that I will call “Coincidences.”




Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946



Lincoln was elected President in 1860
Kennedy was elected President in 1960.



The names Lincoln and Kennedy both contain 7 letters.

Both were shot on a Friday.



Lincoln’s secretary was named Kennedy

Kennedy’s secretary was named Lincoln.




Both were assassinated and succeeded by Southerners.

Both successors were named Johnson.




Andrew Johnson who succeeded Lincoln was born in 1808.

Lyndon Johnson who succeeded Kennedy was born in 1908.




John Wilkes Booth who killed Lincoln was born in 1839.

Lee Harvey Oswald who kiled Kennedy was born in 1939.




Both assassins were known by their three names and both

names are made of 15 letters.




Lincoln was shot at a theatre named Kennedy.

Kennedy was shot in a car called Lincoln.




Booth ran from the theatre and was caught in a warehouse.

Oswald ran from a warehouse and was caught in a theatre,


Both Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their

trials.


I found this was quite amazing, the number of concidences.




And a couple of jokes as usual - - - -

A Blonde suspects her boyfriend of cheating on her, so She goes out and buys a gun.

She goes to his apartment unexpectedly and sure enough, she opens the door and

finds him in the arms of a redhead.

Well, the blonde is angry, She opens her purse to take out the gun but as she does so,

she is overcome with grief. She takes the gun and puts it to her head.

The boyfriend yells "No, honey, don't do it." The blond replies "Shut up, you're next."

<><><>

The child was a typical 4 year old girl, cute as a button, bright

and inquisitive.

So when she expressed difficulty in grasping the concept of

marriage, her father decided to pull out his wedding photo

album, thinking that visual images would help.

He pointed out the bride arriving at the church, the entrance,

the wedding ceremony, the friends and relatives gathered

round with rice and confetti, the reception photos and all the rest.

“Now do you understand?” he asked his daughter.

“I think so,” said miss four year old. “Is that when Mummy

came to work for us?”

<><><><>

The Adoption Prayer – I like to post this every now and again.

Not flesh of my flesh,

Nor bone of my bone,

But still miraculously my own . . .

Never forget, for even a minute,

You did not grow under my heart ---

But in it !!

This little verse means a lot to me.

Goodnight/ or good morning as the case may be.

Take care my friends. Cheers, Merle.

Post 21

<><><><><><><>

14 comments:

TJ said...

I had heard about the Kennedy/Lincoln coincidense many moons ago...but it is still amazing isn't it?
Have a good day Merle!!
:-D

Pamela said...

Merle, I got chills down my spine when I read the unbelievable coinsidences of these two Presidents! Wow! If that doesn't make you wonder! Love the cute jokes today and thoughtful adoption poem. : Thanks for letting me know my sidebar was okay, yikes, did I have trouble with it. :)

JunieRose2005 said...

Merle,

I read that about Kennedy and Lincoln a long time ago and it is truly amazing! ( I never checked out each detail-but assume it's all true!)


~~~

I love that adoption poem too.

June

Susie said...

Morning Merle,
The Lincoln Kennedy similarities are amazing!
The jokes were fun. Bill's sleeping right now, so I'll read them to him later.
Thank you so much for your love and concern for him. I'm so glad he's here at home so I can baby him..
((hugs))

momsmusings said...

That recipe looks good. We will have to try it, but I am not sure where I would find bake at home dinner rolls, I will have to look next time I am out!

Carole Burant said...

Hugs Merle...I've copied the recipe and I think it's something my boys would enjoy when they come home for a visit:-) The Lincoln/Kennedy coincidences are truly amazing aren't they...almost spooky!! Loved the jokes and the Adoption Prayer is beautiful! Take care my friend xox

Anonymous said...

Hi Merle,

Now I'm hungry:) Well, have heard about the similarities also- it's amazing how many there are!

Oh, & loved the jokes too:)

Enjoy your weekend!

PS Thank you for your assistance- I think I'm finally getting the hang of commenting again...

Gwen said...

Hi Merle.
I had also read the coinsidences re_ to Lincoln & Kennedy.
Liked the jokes, and I have one of my grand/daughters up for school holidays,i'll try the recipe on her.
Stay well .xx

Jeanette said...

Hi Merle
Another nice recipe. Looks like something the kids would enjoy Joanne and family left today so will keep it and try next time there here
Take care keep smiling,Janxxx

Granny said...

I remember it as the Ford theater (Lincoln) but perhaps it had two names. The others I'd heard. Spooky.

Enjoy your weekend.

Puss-in-Boots said...

Hi Merle, I too, have read the coincidences before but that doesn't make them less amazing. Lovely Adoption prayer, people are very clever, aren't they?

Hope you are well, Merle.

Take care

Hugs to you

Robyn

Anonymous said...

Hi Merle
Wow!
So many coincidences in the story.
Take care =)

Framed said...

I've been in the Ford theater and don't remember seeing a Kennedy in the name. Also I'm reading Lincoln's biography and it doesn't mention a secretary called Kennedy. Even so, there are still a great number of coincidences. I keep wondering how the world would be different if Lincoln had lived longer.

audrey` said...

"Fireman Ben" is so touching.
Jesus is with us every second of our lives =)