Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Love is - - -

Good evening or good morning whatever the case may be.

I hope all is well in your part of our wonderful world.

The world is wonderful, it is just the actions of evil or

misguided persons that mess it up. Like those crazy ones

who go to schools and start shooting. I always wish that

they would start with themselves. My heart goes out to

all those innocent children and their families.


I would like to thank everyone who has commented in the

last couple of days. I have got behind with my replies and

reading, so if I don’t get to you, please know that each and

every one is very much appreciated.


One of my friends, Hi Sue, asked about Sara Henderson

as I have used some of her quotes. Sara was a wonderful

Australian lady who was left a widow and in enormous debt

on an outback station in the Northern Territory. She got

to work and somehow managed to work the property with

her daughters, and after some time, get out of debt, and

even prospered. She was named Australia Business Woman

in 1991. Then Sara began to write her 6 books, the first

was “From Strength to Strength” published in 1993.


Sara was to make several advertisments for Breast Cancer

saying “ if we didn’t have a mammogram, then we were bloody

idiots.” Typical Sara speak !! Ironically she developed that

very disease, and passed away in 2005 in a Caloundra (where

Margaret lives) Hospital. There were stormy times and

disputes with two of her three daughters, mostly about

money, which was a shame, when they worked so well before.



Today is the birthday of a departed loved one of mine so

tonight an article called “Love Is - - -“


Love is - - -

Being happy for the other person

When they are happy,

Being sad for the other person

When they are sad.

Being together in good times

And being together in bad times - - -

Love is the source of STRENGTH.




Love is - - -

Being honest with yourself

At all times,

Being honest with the other person

At all times,

Telling, listening,

Respecting the truth

And never pretending - - -

Love is the source of REALITY.




Love is - - -

An understanding that is so complete

That you feel as if you are a part

Of the other person,

Accepting the other person

Just the way they are,

And not trying to change them

To be something else - - -

Love is the source of UNITY.




Love is - - -

The freedom to pursue your own desires

While sharing your experiences

With the other person.

The growth of one individual

Alongside of and together with the growth

Of another individual - - -

Love is the source of SUCCESS.




Love is - - -

The excitement of planning things together,

The excitement of doing things together - - -

Love is the source of the FUTURE.




Love is - - -

The fury of the storm,

The calm in the rainbow - - -

Love is the source of PASSION.

Love is giving and taking

In a daily situation,

Being patient with each other’s

Needs and desires - - -

Love is the source of SHARING.




Love is - - -

Knowing that the other person

Will always be with you

Regardless of what happens,

Missing the other person

When they are away

But remaining near in heart at all times - - -

Love is the source SECURITY.




Love is - - -

The source of LIFE. - - - Susan Polis Schutz.


I hope you enjoyed that, now for a joke - - -


Housekeeping


My friend's husband is always telling her that housekeeping would be a snap

if only she would organize her time better.
Recently he had a chance to put his theory into practice while his wife was away.

When I popped in one evening to see how he was managing, he crowed, "I made

a cake, frosted it, washed the kitchen windows, cleaned all the cupboards,

scrubbed the kitchen floor, walls and ceiling and even had a bath."

I was about to concede that perhaps he was a better manager than his wife, when

he added sheepishly, "When I was making the chocolate frosting, I forgot to turn

off the mixer before taking the beaters out of the bowl, so I had to do all the rest."


<><><><>


A baby polar bear went up to his mother asking if she was

sure he was a polar bear.

“Of course you are,: she said, “But ask your father if you

really want to make sure.”

So the baby polar bear finds Dad and asks if he is really,

really sure he is a polar bear.

“Of course you are, boy,” says Dad. “You’re pure white, you

live in the Arctic and eat fish, so why do you ask if you are

a polar bear?”

“Because I’m bloody freezing,” baby says.


<><><><>


It must be tempting to succumb to what I call the FUD

factor. I know because I have been there. The Fear,

Uncertainty and Doubt is only put there by the detractors

and critics who don’t know you anyway. You are there

because you are the best and they are not, remember that.

I know you will ignore the distractions.

FOCUS on the job at hand, and

CONCENTRATE on yours and the team’s

GOALS (in that order). You will succeed because you have

what it takes - - - -

Kieran Perkins , Aust Olympic Swimming Gold Medalist,

From a fax in June 1997 to Mark Taylor, cricket captain.



<><><><>


I spent most of my money on wine, women and fast cars - -

and I wasted the rest. - - - Josh Gaspero.


<><><><><><>


Bye for now, Take care my friends, Cheers, Merle.


Post 3 1 - - - - 4th October, 2006.

<><><><><><>




12 comments:

Margaret said...

Hi Merle thanks for comments on my post, I think the Love Is poem is truly beautiful. It is always enjoyable to read poems that make one appreciate the better side of us humans. Like you Merle I can't understand what makes people tick who can kill so mindlessly. Love Margaret

JunieRose2005 said...

Merle,

I loved 'love is....'

Enjoyed all your post.

June

Cazz said...

Great post Merle, and I 2nd Margarets comments ...

Cazz

Susie said...

Sending thoughts to comfort you on a day that I'm sure is hard for you.
The "Love Is" verse is so appropriate...
((hugs))

TJ said...

thanks for the info on Sara...I wish they could wipe out the disease of breast cancer...maybe some day they will!!
:-D

kenju said...

Merle, I like the poem about love.

Carole Burant said...

I'm so sorry that you lost a loved one on this date...my thoughts are with you! Loved the Love is...poem. It certainly does describe how love should be! I had never heard of Sara Henderson so thank you so much for telling us more about her...what a shame she would die from such a dreaded disease. Loved the jokes and quotes too!! Hugs xox

Jeanette said...

Dear Merle
I loved the poem "love is" and your jokes also.I Understand how you must be feeling.Birthdays, Anniversary's,Xmas are all hard times . Keep smiling Merle

Jim said...

Hi Merle -- This is a nice mixture today. The love poem is very appropriate for your loss aniversary. It was also good for us to have for reminders of how to love, lest we skimp in some areas.
..

Donna~K said...

"Love is.." was very sweet. I liked the polar bear joke. :)

audrey` said...

Hi Merle

May I copy "Love is..." ?
HeHe =)

audrey` said...

Thank you so much, Merle =)