Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Title 7 %

Post 219 - - - - - - Sunday, 3rd June, 2007.

Title 7%

Hi Folks ~~ I hope you have had a good weekend or are in the
midst of having one. Mine has been good - my son called in and
did a couple of small jobs for me AND my football team, Carlton
had a win (after 6 losses) so that was really good to see. Now I
hope they can win a few more !!

Tonight's article is called "7%". I hope you enjoy it.

Subject: 7%

One day a while back, a man, his heart heavy with grief,
was walking in the woods. As he thought about his life this day, he
knew many things were not right. He thought about those who had
lied about him back when he had a job.

His thoughts turned to those who had stolen his things
and cheated him.

He remembered family that had passed on. His mind turned to
the illness he had that no one could cure. His very soul was filled with
anger, resentment and frustration.

Standing there this day, searching for answers he couldPublish Post
not find, knowing all else had failed him, he knelt at the base of
an old oak tree to seek the one he knew would always be there.
And with tears in his eyes, he prayed:

"Lord- You have done wonderful things for me in this Life.
You have told me to do many things for you, and I happily obeyed.
Today, you have told me to forgive. I am sad, Lord, because
I cannot. I don't know how.
It is not fair Lord. I didn't deserve these wrongs that
were done against me and I shouldn't have to forgive. As perfect
as your way is Lord, this one thing I cannot do, for I don't know
how to forgive.

My anger is so deep Lord, I fear I may not hear you,
but I pray that you teach me to do this one thing I cannot do -
Teach me ; To Forgive."

As he knelt there in the quiet shade of that old oak
tree, he felt something fall onto his shoulder. He opened his eyes.
Out of the corner of one eye, he saw something red on his shirt.

He could not turn to see what it was because where the
oak tree had been was a large square piece of wood in the ground.
He raised his head and saw two feet held to the wood with a large
spike through them.

He raised his head more, and tears came to his eyes as
he saw Jesus hanging on a cross. He saw spikes in His hands, a gash
in His side, a torn and battered body, deep thorns sunk into His
head.
Finally he saw the suffering and pain on His precious face. As
their eyes met, the man's tears turned to sobbing, and Jesus began
to speak.

"Have you ever told a lie?" He asked?

The man answered - "yes, Lord."

"Have you ever been given too much change and kept it?"

The man answered - " yes. Lord." And the man sobbed
more and more.

"Have you ever taken something from work that wasn't
yours?"

Jesus asked?

And the man answered - "yes, Lord."

"Have you ever sworn, using my Father's name in vain? "

The man, crying now, answered - "yes, Lord."
As Jesus asked many more times, "Have you ever"? The
man's crying became uncontrollable, for he could only answer -
"yes, Lord."

Then Jesus turned His head from one side to the other,
and the man felt something fall on his other shoulder. He looked
and saw that it was the blood of Jesus. When he looked back up,
his eyes met those of Jesus, and there was a look of love the man
had never seen or known before.

Jesus said, "I didn't deserve this either, but I forgive you."

It may be hard to see how you're going to get through
something, but when you look back in life, you realize how true
this statement is.

Read the following first line slowly and let it sink in.

If God brings you to it - He will bring you through it.

Lord I love You and I need You, come into my heart,
today. For without You I can do nothing.

When Jesus died on the cross, he was thinking of you! If
you are one of the 7% who will stand up for him, forward this
with the Title 7.%

93% of people won't forward this.

Patricia Collins

It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice!!!

<><><>

This joke "Irish Doctor" was sent by Warren. Thanks mate.

A doctor wanted to get off work and play golf, so he approached his
Irish assistant Paddy.
"I am going golfing tomorrow Paddy and I want you to close
the clinic. I want you to take care of the clinic and all of our
patients."
"Yes, sir," answers Paddy.

The doctor goes off to golf and returns the next day and asks,
"So, Paddy, how was your day ?"
Paddy told him that he took care of three patients.

"The first one had a headache, so I gave him Panadol."
"Bravo Mate and the second one ?" asks the doctor.
"The second one had a burning stomach, so I gave him
Aspirin."
"Excellent. You are good at this and what about the third
one ? " asks the doctor.

"Well I was sitting here and suddenly the door opens and a
woman enters. Like a woman possessed, she undresses
herself, taking off everything and lies down on the table, ans shouts :
HELP ME ! For five years I haven't seen a man !"

"Good God," says the doctor. What did you do ?"

"I put drops in her eyes !!"
<><><>

A couple gets married and the wife puts a foot locker in the
bedroom.. She locks it, then puts the only key on a chain
around her neck. For fifty years, her husband tries to figure
out what's in there, but she always changes the subject, and
avoids the issue.

Finally on the fiftieth wedding anniversary, he says to her,
"I've got to know what's in the trunk !" She takes the key, and
unlocks the foot locker, and inside there are 2 pieces of corn
and $25,000.

The guy says, What's with the ears of corn ?" She says, "Umm,
in fifty years, every time I broke our marriage vows, I put an
ear of corn in the trunk." The guy figures, "Twice in 50 years,
not so bad. . . ." Then he says, "And what's the $25,000 ?"
"Well every time I got a bushel, I sold it."
<><><>

Two bowling teams charter a double-decker bus; they're going
to Atlantic City for the weekend. One team is on the bottom of
the bus, and the other team is in the top deck. The team down
below is whooping it up when one of them realizes he doesn't
hear anything from the top.

He walks up the stairs, and here are all the guys from the second
team clutching the seats in front of them with white knuckles,
scared to death. He says, "What the heck is going on? We're down
here having a grand old time."

One of the guys from the second team says, " Yeah, but you guys
have a *driver* !!!"
<><><>

Two guys are out hiking when all of a sudden, a bear starts chasing
them. They climb a tree, but the bear starts climbing up the tree
after them. The first guy gets his sneakers out of his knapsack and
starts putting them on.

The second guy says, "Are you crazy ? You can't outrun a bear."
The first guy says, "I don't have to outrun the bear . . . . I just have
to outrun you. "
<><><>

Why don't lobster share ? They're shellfish !!
<><><>

Few Quotes - - -

Keep in your mind that, even if you are on the right track, you
can still be left behind if you just sit there. - - Anon.

After all is said and done, more is said than done. - - Anon.

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up
with the rain. - - - Dolly Parton.

Turn your stumbling blocks into stepping stones. - - Anon.

Every man desires to live long, but no man would be old.
- - - Jonathon Swift.

Those who say a thing cannot be done should not stand in the
way of those who are doing it. - - - Anon.

Bye for now my friends - - Take good care and enjoy your lives.
Love and Best Wishes to you all. Cheers, Merle.

Post 219 - - - - - Sunday, 3rd June, 2007.
<><><><>


No comments: