Monday, May 07, 2007

Cleaning My House.

Post 203 - - - - - Monday, 7th May, 2007.

Hi Everyone ~~ I hope you are all doing well and life is good.
I am fine and all is well here. Tomorrow, my carer lady comes
to clean the house for me, so all will be nice and fresh again.

To clear up a couple of things, I do not know why I had no room
for comments two days ago - - it was not my idea at all. Specially
after having a lovely afternoon with Jeanette and Gwen and
also Jeaette's sister Pauline. I so enjoyed having them visit.

Then last night I mentioned my dear friend Ann who lost her
daughter to cancer. This was our blogging friend rocrebelgranny.
I have the greatest respect, admiration and love for this lady, as
have so many others. Ann will be just fine, even at this sad time.


Tonight's poem is called "Cleaning My House." which seems
to be appropriate. Maybe I can cancel my lady !!

Last week I threw out Worrying,
It was getting old and in the way.
It kept me from being me,
I couldn't do things my way.

I threw out those Inhibitions;
They were just crowding me out.
Made room for my New Growth,
Got rid of my old dreams and doubts.

I threw out a book on MY PAST
(Didn't have time to read it anyway)
Replaced it with New Goals,
I started reading it today.

I threw out childhood toys
(Remember how I treasured them so?)
Got me a New PHILOSOPHY too,
Threw out the one from long ago.

Bought some new books too,
Called I CAN, I WILL, and I MUST.
Threw out I might, I think and I ought.
WOW, You should've seen the dust.

I ran across an OLD FRIEND,
I haven't seen Him in a while.
I elieve His name is GOD,
Yes, I really like His style.

He helped me to do some cleaning
And added some things Himself.
Lke PRAYER, HOPE and FAITH,
Yes I placed them right on the shelf.

I picked up this special thing
And placed it at the front door,
I FOUND IT -- it's called PEACE.
Nothing gets me down anymore.

Yes, I've got my house looking nice,
Looks good around the place.
For things like Worry and Trouble
There just isn't any place.

It's good to do a little house cleaning,
Get rid of the old things on the shelf.
It sure makes things brighter;
Maybe you should TRY IT YOURSELF. Anonymous.
<><><>
Some Oddities - - - -

The citrus "7-UP" was ceated in 1929. "7" was selected because
the original containers held 7 ounces. "UP" indicated the
direction of the bubbles.

Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least
6 feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting
from the flush.

No piece of paper can be folded more than 7 times.

Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.

You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching TV.

The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.

A Boeing 747's wingspan is longer than the Wright brother's
first flight.

Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.

The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen's ---
"Born in the USA."

Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the
morning.

The 57 on the Heinz ketchup bottle represents the number of
varieties of pickles the company once had.

Michael Jordan makes more money frm Nike annually than all
of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.

Marilyn Monroe had six toes.

All US Presidents have worn glasses. Some just didn't like being
seen wearng them in public.

Walt Disney was afraid of mice.

Pearls melt in Vinegar.

Thirty-five % of the people who use personal ads for dating are
already married.

Average life span of a major league baseball : seven pitches.

The three most valuable brand names on earth : Marlboro,
Coca Cola, and Budweiser in that order.

A duck's "quack" doesn't echo, and no one knows why.
<><><>

You Know You're Having a Bad Day When . . . . .

Your horn sticks on the freeway behind 32 Hell's Angels.

Your twin sister forgot your birthday.

Your birthday cake collapses from the weight of the candles.

You call suicide prevention and they put you on hold.

Your ncome tax refund check (cheque) bounces.

It costs more to fill up your car than it did to buy it.

The bird singing outside your window is a vulture.

Your blind date turns out to be your ex-wife.

Your doctor tells you that you're allergic to chocolate.

Nothing you own is actually paid for.

People think you are 40 and you're only 35.

You call your husband andtell him that you'd like to eat out
tonight and when you get home, there's a andwich on the
front porch.

Te Gypsy fortune teller offers to refund your money.

You invite a Peeping Tom in . . .and he says No.

You put both contacts in the same eye.
<><><>

A woman drove a mini-van filled with a dozen screaming kids
through the mall parking lot, looking for a space. Obviously
frazzled, she coasted through a stop sign.

"Hey, lady, have you forgotten how to stop?" yelled an irate man.

She rolled down her window and said, "What makes you think
these are all mine ?"
<><><>

A criminal with a long record of transgressions was on trial for his
latest crime. The jury found him guilty on 33 counts and the judge
sentenced him to 189 years. Realizing he would be well over 100
years even with time off for good behavior, when released,the
prisoner burst into tears.

Noting this display of remorse, the judge reconsidered. He said, "I
didn't mean to be so severe. Thiking it over, I can see that I have
imposed an extremely harsh sentence. So you don't have to serve
the whole time." The prisoner beamed with new found hope until
the judge leaned toward him and said, "Just do as much as you can !!"
<><><>

A Sunday School teacher was telling his class the story of the
Prodigal Son. Wishing to emphasize the resentful attitude of the
elder brother, he stressed this part of the parable.

After describng the rejoicing of the household over the return
of the wayward son, he spoke of one who, in the midst of the
festivities, failed to share in the jubilant spirit of the occasion.
"Can anybody in the class tell me who this was?" he asked.

A nine year old girl had listened sympathetically to the story.
She waved her hand in the air. "I know !" she said beamingly.
"It was the fatted calf !!"
<><><>

March winds and April showers, Bring forth May flowers.

Water is the driving force of all nature. --Leonardo da Vinci.

There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no
tonic so powerful as the expectation of tomorrow.
- - - Orison Swett Marden.

The world turns softly, Not to spill it's lakes and rivers.
- - - Hilda Conkling, Poems by a Little Girl.
<><><>

That is it for tonight, my friends. Blogger won't let me use the
colors that I usually choose. Take care, Have a great week.
Love and best wises to all, Merle.

Post 203 - - - - - Monday, 7th May, 2007.

<><><><>





8 comments:

Jeanette said...

Dear Merle Just catching up again
Thank you for the Lovely afternoon.
Glad you got you crossword solvedI would never have got claptrap.
theres a lot of truth in "You Must keep going"
and Maybe ill cancel my cleaning lady to after reading this Poem ,good jokes to. Take care keep well.Janxoxox

Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Merle:-) I've just come in from watering my plants and now I hear it's supposed to rain! lol Isn't that always the case!! I so enjoyed Cleaning Your House...as you say, we should all get rid of our maid...I would, if I had one! lol You always bring a smile to my face with your stories, jokes and quotes...you are a delight to visit my friend!! Take care of you!! xoxo

JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,

I liked that one about 'Cleaning Your House' too. Some good advice in there if we would just take it!!

The jokes etc- were good as always, too>

Take care,

June

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hi Merle,
As usual, a wonderful collection of jokes and stories. Where do you find so many ?? I find that I have posted all my good stuff already !!
Hope you have a fabulous week.
By the way, you look gorgeous in the photos that Jeanette has posted.
Take care, hugs, Meow

Leann said...

hi merle.glad to hear all is well with you.the weather here has been nice,but in some places there were tornados down south of us.
one town was completely wiped out.those poor people.

have a great week,and God bless you.
((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

Margaret said...

Dear Merle, glad you had a great day with some special visitors. Loved the poem house cleaning. (mine is a disaster area due to ongoing packing)
I am so over moving, however this too will pass and there are worse things that could happen. Great jokes again.
Love Margaret

Gattina said...

It's about time that I visit you ! For some reason I was convinced that you didn't want to blog anymore for some time ! Must have been dreaming !

Lee said...

Hi there Merle...great fun post again....thanks for sharing your wisdoms and jokes with us. :)