Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Pink Dress.

Post 322 - - - - - Wednesday, 26th September, 2007.

Hello my friends ~~ We are heading for the end of another
month. They sure fly by so quickly and I already have had
catalogs of Christmas cards and gifts. It didn't come around
as quickly when I was a kid. Christmas took forever to get
here. Is it just my age, or do kids these days find it coming
sooner rather than later ? Probably my age !!!

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying life as much as
possible. Tomorrow is the big Blogger Meeting at my house.
I am really looking forward to it, and hope the others feel the
same, and I think they do.

First item tonight is called "The Pink Dress", Author Unknown.

There was this little girl sitting by herself in the park. Everyone
passed by her and never stopped to see why she looked so sad.
Dressed in a worn pink dress, barefoot and dirty, the girl just
sat and watched the people go by. She never tried to speak.
She never said a word.

Many people passed by her, but no one would stop. The next day
I decided to fo back to the park in curiosity to see if the little girl
would still be there. Yes, she was there, right in the very spot
where she was yesterday, and still with the sad look in her eyes.

Today I was to make my move and walk over to the little girl.
For as we know, a park full of strange people is not a place for
young children to play alone.

As I got closer I could see the back of the little girl's dress was
grotesquely shaped. I figured that was the reason people just
passed by and made no effort to speak to her. Deformities are
a low blow to our society and heaven forbid if you make a step
toward assisting someone who was different.

As I got closer, the little girl lowered her eyes slightly to avoid
my intense stare. As I approached her, I could see the shape
of her back more clearly. She was grotesquely shaped in a
humped over form. I smiled to let her know it was O K. I was
there to help, to talk. I sat down beside her and opened with
a simple, "Hello."

The litlle girl acted shocked, and stammered a "Hi" after a long
stare into my eyes. I smiled and she shyly smiled back. We
talked until darkness fell and the park was completely empty.
I asked the girl why she was so sad.

The little girl looked at me with a sad face and said, "Because,
I'm different."

"I immediately said, :That you are !" and smiled.

The little girl acted even sadder and said, "I know."
"Little girl," I said, "you remind me of an angel, sweet and
innocent."
She looked at me and smiled, then slowly got to her feet and
said, "Really?"

"Yes, you're like a little Guardian Angel sent to watch over all
those people walking by."

She nodded her head yes and smiled. With that she opened
the back of her pink dress and allowed her wings to spread, then
she said, " I am. I'm your Guardian Angel" with a twinkle in
her eye.
I was speechless ~~ sure I was seeing things.

She said, "For once you thought of someone other than yourself.
My job here is done."

I got to my feet and said, "Wait, why did no one stop to help an angel?"
She looked at me, smiled and said, "You're the only one that could
see me" and then she was gone.

And with that, my life was changed dramatically. So when you
think you're all you have, remember, your angel is always
watching over you."
<><>

Time for a few jokes - - - -

A guy went to his travel agent and tried to book a two week cruise
for himself and his lady friend. The travel agent said that all the
ships were booked up and reservations were very tight at the
moment, but that he would see what he could do.

A couple of days later, the agent phoned and said he could get
them on a three day cruise. The guy was disappointed it was
such a short cruise, but he booked it and went to the drug-store
to buy 3 sea sick pills and 3 condoms.

The next day the agent called back and reported that he had a
5 day cruise to offer.
"Great, I'll take it," said the guy.. He returned to the same pharmacy
to buy two more sea sick pills and two condoms.

The following day, the travel agent called yet sgsin, snd said he
was delighted that he could offer them bookings on an 8 day cruise.

The guy was elated and went back to the chemist. He asked for
three mor sea sick pills and three condoms.

The pharmacist looked sympathetically at him and said, "Look,
I'm not trying to pry. But if it makes you so sick why do you
keep on doing it ?"
<><>

A nun, badly needing to use the rest room walked into a local
Hooter's restaurant. The place was hopping with music
and loud conversation and every once in a while the lights
would go out.

Each time the lights went out, the place would erupt into cheers.
However when they saw the nun, the room went dead silent.

She walked up to the bartender and asked, "May I please use the
restroom ?"

The bartender replied, "OK, but I muat warn you there is a statue
of a naked man in there wearing only a fig leaf."


"Well, in that case, I'll just look the other way," said the nun.
The bartender showed the nun to the back of the restaurant.
After a few moments, she came back out, and the whole place
just gave the nun a loud round of applause.

She went to the bartender and said,"I don;t understand. Why
did they applaud for me when I just went to the restroom?"

"You see,," laughed the bartender. "Every time somone
lifts the fig leaf on that statue, the lights go out."
<><><>

A 90 year old man said to his doctor, "I've never felt
better. I have an 18 year old bride and she is pregnant
with my child. What do you think about that ?"

The doctor considered his question for a minute and then
said, "I have an elderly friend who is a hunter and never
misses a season. One day, when he was going out in a hurry
he accidentally picked up his umbrella instead of his gun.
When he got to the creek, he saw a duck sitting beside the
stream. He raised his umbrella and went bang, bang and the
duck fell dead. What do you think of that ?"

The 90 year old said, " I'd say somebody else shot that duck."
The doctor replied, :My point exactly !!"
<><>

A woman was having a passionate affair with an inspector
from a pest-control company.

One afternoon, they were carrying on in the bedroom together
when her husband comes home unexpectedly.
"Quick," says the woman to her lover, "Into the closet." And
she pushed him into the closet stark naked.

The husband became suspicious and after a search of the
bedroom discovers the man in the closet.
"Who are you ?" he asked him.

"I'm an inspector from Bug B Gone," said the exterminator.
"What are you doing in there ?" the husband asked.

"I'm investigating a complaint about an infestation of moths,"
the man replied.
"And where are your clothes ?"

The man looked down at himself and said, "The little bastards !!"
<><>

A little girl aked her mother, "Can I go outside to play with the boys?"

Her mother replied, "No, you can't play with the boys as they are too
rough."
The little girl thought about it for a few minutes and then asked, "If
I can find a smooth one, can I play with him ?"
<><>
A few quotes to close with - - - -

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate
the mind on the present moment. - - - Buddha.

It is not the length of life, but the depth of life.
- - - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

The tragedy of life is not that it ends too soon, but that we
wait so long to begin it. - - - Anonymous.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
- - - Anonymous.

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count.
It's the life in your years. - - Abraham Lincoln.

Bye for now my friends, Look after each other and yourselves.
Love and best wishes to you all. Cheers, Merle.

Post 322 - - - - - Wednesday, 26th September, 2007.
<><><>

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Merle, where do you get those jokes from! :o)
Loved The Pink Dress, very thought provoking, which is the intention I think.
Oh enjoy your Blogger Meeting! I'm sure it will be lovely.
The shops here in the UK are already filling the shelves with Christmas stock. It's too early. My daughter still gets excited about Christmas, I think she is just a Christmassey girl and she loves that we still make our own decorations together.
Take care Merle, thanks again.

Christina said...

Oh, those jokes are great! I especially liked the fig leaf one!!!

Unknown said...

I believe that I am confused. But that’s normal: after all, I am a theologian.

audrey` said...

The Pink Dress is so touching =)

Renie Burghardt said...

Dear Merle,

Here in the good old USA, Christmas merchandise is already in all the stores as well.

Love the Pink Dress story. Guardian Angels often come in disguise. I know that from personal experience.

Love the jokes, especially about the 90 year old man.

Can't wait to read about your visit with your blogger friends.

Have a wonderful day.

Blessings,

Renie