Friday, November 23, 2007

Dusting.

Post 370 ~ ~ ~ Friday, 23rd November, 2007.

Hello my friends ~~ Well I hope you all had a wonderful
Thanksgiving and consumed lots of great food and had
some fun times with your families. We are almost at the
start of another weekend. It is Friday night, just after 10 pm.

Well, I had a really nice day yesterday with the Yarrawonga
Girls, Jeanette, her sister Pauline and Gwen another blogger.
They took me to lunch at the Returned Soldier's League or
as we know it the R S L Club. They have lots of Pokie machines
but we didn't bother about them. We had a lovely meal and
after that went to Mooroopna to the SPC/Ardmona factory sales.
We all bought quite a lot of preserved fruit and various other
goodies. Then came back to my house for a cuppa and goodies.
I think we all enjoyed it very much. There are more photos on
Jeanette's blog.

Few photos below are ~ ~ ~


A nice shrub called China Girl or Duranta repens. Nice purple flowers
and then it has yellow berries on it and it's quite hardy.


A small bread and butter plate that Jeanette liked and said to blog.
I only have three of these left. They measure 5 inches sqare.
I think it is because they are so small and unusual, that we like them.


Three of us girls after lunch. Gwen, who brought me a Fluffy Duck,
me with said duck and Jeanette. Three blogging Friends.


Pauline, Gwen with Duck and Jeanette. Three lovely ladies !!!

Tonight I have an article called Dusting. My friend Lorraine sent it to me. Thanks !!

A house becomes a home when you can write "I love you" on the furniture.

I can't tell you how many countless hours that I have spent CLEANING .

I used to spend at least 8 hours every weekend making sure things were
just perfect ~ ~ "in case someone came over.:
Then I realized one day that no-one came over;
they were all out living life and having fun !

Now, when people visit, I find no need to explain the condition
of my home. They are more interested in hearing about
the things I've been doing while I was away living life and
having fun. If you haven't figured it out yet,
please heed this advice.
Life is short. Enjoy it.

Dust if you must, but wouldn't it be better to paint a picture
or write a letter, bake a cake or plant a seed. Ponder the
difference between want and need,

Dust if you must, but there's not much time with rivers to swim
and mountains to climb, music to hear and books to read,
friends to cherish and life to lead.

Dust if you must, but the world's out there with the sun in your
eyes, the wind in your hair, a flutter of snow,
a shower of rain, This day will not come around again.

Dust if you must, but bear in mind,
old age will come and it's not kind.
And when you go ~~ and go you must ~~
you, yourself will make more dust !!

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter
that tells what kind of life you have lived.
<><>

This is a true story, sent by Sometimes Saintly Nick.

Once, when Winston Churchill was visiting New York
City, he attended a dinner party in his honor hosted by a
famous New York socialite. The meal was served buffet
style and the waiters placed huge platters of one of
Winston's favorite foods, fried chicken, on the buffet,

Unfortunately, Winston was surrounded by a large group of
people who were asking him questions. He saw no way to
escape the group, so he raised his voice and called to the hostess,
"Please save me a chicken breast or two."

Later, while eating his chicken, the hostess chided him : "Sir
Winston, here we do not refer to chicken breasts. We call them
"white meat."

The next day a beautiful corsage was delivered to the home
of the hostess. With it came a card.

"Thank you, Madame, for hosting such a delightful dinner.
Please do me the honor of wearing the corsage on your
white meat". ~ ~ W. Churchill."
<><><>

A blonde, a brunette and a man are driving in their pick-up
truck. The brunette was sitting up front with the man and
the blonde was in the back.

While driving across a bridge the man lost control of the
truck and drove over the side of the bridge. After the truck
had sunk, the man and the brunette fought their way out
of the cab and surfaced. A couple of minutes later the
blonde came out of the water, panting and breathless.

"Where have you been ?: asked the man.
"I can't believe you left me down there. I couldn't get the
tailgate open."
<><>

A man was taking to his daughter, a typiical four year old
girl, cute, inquisitive and bright as a new penny.
Out of the blue she asked her Dad to explain marriage to her.

So Dad explained, but when the little girl appeared to be
having difficulty grasping the concept, her father decided to
pull out his wedding album, thinking that perhaps visual
images would help. One page after another, he pointed out
the bride arriving at the church, the wedding ceremony and
the reception.

"Now do you understand ?" he asked.
"I think so., " she said, "Is that when Mommy came to work
for us ?"
<><><>

My four year old girl picked up something off the ground
and started to put it in her mouth . I asked her not to do
that. "Why ?"

Because it has been laying outside and it is dirty and probably
has germs
At this point, she looked at me with total admiration and asked,
"Wow ! How do you know all this stuff ?"

"Uh." i said, thinking quickly, "All mums know this stuff. It's on
the Mummy test. You have to know it, or they don't let you
be a Mummy."

We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was evidently
pondering this new information. "Oh, . . . I get it !" she beamed,
"Then if you flunk, you have to be the Daddy."
<><>

Just a couple of quotes as I am struggling to stay awake again ~ ~ ~

Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely.~ Rodin.

The only people who never fail are those who never try,
~ ~ ~ Ilka Chase.
<><><>

Bye for now folks. Have a wonderful weekend and be kind
to each other and to yourselves. Take care, my friends.
Love and Best Wishes to you all. Cheer, Merle.

Post 370 ~ ~ ~ Friday, 23rd November, 2007.
<><><>






14 comments:

Patty said...

Well it's Friday morning here, almost 10:30 am. You're probably sleeping. Hope you have a nice rest. Looks like you and the girls had some fun. I'm assuming a Pokie machine is like a Slot machine over here? You put in money and might, JUST might win some in return. I like the Winston Churchill comment. Have a great day when you do get up. It's cold here, 33F, the roofs all had a thin layer of snow when I first got up, it has all melted now. Have a good day when you do rise.

JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,

Enjoyed the pictures of you and your blog buddies! :) Very nice you live close enough to visit each other sometimes.

Take care,

Junie

Jim said...

Hi Merle -- Thanks for the blonde joke, I've not heard that one before either.

I like your small plate. It would have been just the size for my ham (leftover) and Swiss sandwich with pickles and mustard on toasted Rye bread.
Then I put it in the microwave with some leftover dressing I had already heated for 40 secs, and finished the minute with all to melt the cheese some.
See, you thought I just ate peanut butter or sardine sandwiches.
..

Jeanette said...

Hi Dear Merle,A few laughs and a good day had by all,Nice to see you blog the plate, Had a good chuckle at the jokes Hehehe to the blonde.... ... Love Jan

audrey` said...

Hi Merle

I'm so happy that you had a fantastic time with your blogger friends =)

The article on "Dusting" is so relevant.

Take care.
(((HUGS))) and much love.

Puss-in-Boots said...

Love the photos of you all with the fluffy duck (isn't there a cocktail by that name?).

I can so relate to that dusting one...my dust bunnies have names!

Take care xoxo

Mary said...

Merle,

I love that plate. It is beautiful. I have a square plate that belonged to my great-grandmother. I will post a photo one day for Show and Tell Friday. Thanks for the inspiration.

As always, I enjoyed my visit. I'm glad you had fun with your blogging friends.

Blessings,
Mary

Unknown said...

Glad you had a good day with the girls, Merle. As always, your photos are great!

Blessings to you, my friend!

Gwen said...

Hi Merle.
Great blog and the jokes are great as usual.
We sure had a loverly lunch,the day was as good as it always is
when we catch up.
But I know one thing for sure the
"DIET"starts Monday after seeing those photos.oooooh
Stay Well Dear Merle oxoxo

Renie Burghardt said...

Dear Merle,

It's so nice that you can get together with blogger friends. Love the photo of you and the girls, and your Fluffy Duck is so cute. Love the Dusting article as well. And that is a cute story about Winston Churchill. Thank you for reading my stories and for the warm birthday wishes!

I always enjoy my visits with you, dear Merle. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Warmest regards,

Renie

Gledwood said...

Hi Merle!
Is Jeanette a friend or family? I wasn't quite sure...
I was remarking to her about toasty soldiers just now. I had always assumed they were a purely British "phenomenon"...;->...
Hey you've got a new government after 17 years of one man! How do you feel about THAT then (if it's not too much of a can of worms to ask)? Or are you like me? Could vote for anyone and so vote for NO-ONE AT ALL!! ;->...

smilnsigh said...

You all looked like you had a lovely time, on your day out. In these pics and in Jeanette's blog.

Mari-Nanci

Gattina said...

Hahaha, you look wonderful with that little duck !! so funny ! I like to go to Australian blogs in this time of the year, at least you have no snow pictures and you are in summer now ! Lucky girl !
For me no Thanksgiving, my ancestors stayed in Europe !

Kimmie said...

How nice that you got to visit with blogging friends...looks like you had a wonderful time too.

I popped over from UKBob's blog...nice to meet you Merle!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted