Saturday, January 26, 2008

Christian Ways To Reduce Stress.

Post 400 ~~ Saturday, 26th January, 2008.

Hi Everyone ~~ Well it has been a busy day for me today. My
son, Geoff and d-i-l Joanne came up yesterday and stayed the
night and my other son John came around to see them this
morning.

Geoff did some weeding and trimming and replaced some of my
garden sprinklers so I am very grateful for that. We have all
popped over the road to Lorraine's Garage Sale. which went
very well, although there is always a lot that doesn't sell. Maybe
a trip to a Charity place with some of the left overs. Luckily we
got a very pleasant day for it, if a bit too warm 34C, about 94F.

I hope things are going well for you all and that you have a
wonderful weekend and that your weather is being a little
kinder for you. My brother, Peter has posted three good blogs
about Australia Day and are well worth a read.

A very Happy Australia Day to all the Aussies, everywhere.

Tonight I have an article called "Christian ways to reduce stress."
This was sent by my friend Robyn. Thanks Robyn. Enjoy !!

An angel says, "Never borrow from the future. If you worry
about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you
have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have had to
worry twice."

1. Pray

2. Go to bed on time.

3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.

4. Say No to projects that won't fit into your time schedule,
or that will compromise your mental health.

5. Delegate tasks to capable others.

6. Simplify and unclutter your life.

7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are
often too many.)

8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.

9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult
projects over-time; don't lump the hard things all together.

10. Take one day at a time.

11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a
concern, find out what God would have you do and let go
of the anxiety. If you can't do anything about a situation,
forget it.

12. Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for
ordinary purchases.

13. Have back-ups; an extra car key in your wallet, an
extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.

14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut) This single piece of advice
can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.

15. Do something for the Kid in You every day.

16. Carry a Bible with you to read while waiting in line.

17. Get enough rest.

18. Eat right.

19. Get organized so everything has its place.

20. Listen to a tape while driving that can improve the
quality of life.

21. Write down thoughts and inspirations.

22. Every day, find time to be alone.

23. Having problems ? Talk to God on the spot. Try to
nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until it's time
to go to bed to try and pray.

24. Make friends with Godly people.

25. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand.

26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair
and hope is often a good "Thank you Jesus."

27. Laugh.

28. Laugh some more.

29. Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all.

30. Develop a forgiving attitude ~ (most people are doing
the best they can.)

31. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it most.)

32. Sit on your ego.

33. Talk less; listen more.

34. Slow down.

35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager
of the universe.

36. Every night before bed, think of one thing you're
grateful for that you've never been grateful for before.

GOD HAS A WAY OF TURNING THINGS AROUND
FOR YOU.

"If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)
<><><>

That was a nice article, but I repeat, "I am too blessed
to be stressed." Especially with good friends here and
in the blogosphere !!

Now to find some jokes ~ ~ ~

Thank you so much Sandy for the Blonde Cookbeeok.

MONDAY
It is fun to cook for Bill. Today I made angel food cake.
The recipe said beat 12 eggs separately. The neighbors
were nice enough to loan me some extra bowls.

TUESDAY
Bill wanted fruit salad for supper. The recipe said serve
without dressing. So I didn't dress. What a surprise when
Bill brought a friend home for supper.

WEDNESDAY
A good day for rice. The recipe said wash thoroughly
before steaming the rice. It seemed kind of silly but I
took a bath anyway. I can't say it improved the rice any.

THURSDAY
Today Bill asked for salad again. I tried a new recipe. It
said prepare ingredients; lay on a bed of lettuce one hour
before serving. Bill asked me why I was rolling around in
the garden.

FRIDAY
I found an easy recipe for cookies. It said put the ingredients
in a bowl and beat it. There must have been something
wrong with this recipe. When I got back, everything was the
same as when I left.

SATURDAY
Bill did the shopping today and brought home a chicken. He
asked me to dress it for Sunday. I don't have any clothes that
will fit it and for some reason Bill keeps counting to ten.

SUNDAY
Bill's folks came to dinner. I wanted to serve roast but all I
had was hamburger. Suddenly I had a flash of genius. I put
the hamburger in the oven and set the controls for roast.
It still came out hamburger, much to my disappointment.

GOOD NIGHT, DEAR DIARY.
This has been a very exciting week. I am eager for tomorrow
to come so I can try out a new recipe on Bill. If I can talk
Bill into buying a bigger oven, I would like to surprise him
with a chocolate moose.
<><><>


The next ones about KIDS IN CHURCH came from Lady Di.
Thank you so much Di.

3 year old Reese : "Our Father, Who art in heaven, Harold is
His name. Amen."

A little boy was overheard praying : "Lord, if you can't
make me a better boy, don't worry about it. I'm having a
real good time like I am."

After the christening of his baby brother in church, Jason
sobbed all the way home in the back seat of the car. His father
asked him three times what was wrong.
Finally the boy replied, "That preacher said he wanted us
brought up in a Christian home, and I want to stay with you guys."

One particular four-year-old prayed, "And forgive us our
trash baskets as we forgive those who put trash in our baskets."

A Sunday school teacher asked her children as they were on the
way to church service, "And why is it necessary to be quiet in
church >: One bright little girl replied, "Because people are
sleeping."

A mother was preparing pancakes for her sons, Kevin 5, and Ryan 3.
The boys began to argue over who would get the first pancake,
Their mother saw the opportunity for a moral lesson.
"If Jesus were sitting here, He would say, "Let my brother have
the first pancake, I can wait."
Kevin turned to his younger brother and said, "Ryan, you be Jesus."

A father was at the beach with his children when the four-year-old
son ran up to him, grabbed his hand, and led him to the shore where
a seagull lay dead on the sand. "Daddy, what happened to him ?" the
son asked. "He died and went to Heaven," the Dad replied.
The boy thought for a moment and then said, "Did God throw him
back down ?"

A wife invited some people to dinner. At the table, she turned to
their six-year-old daughter and said, "Would you like to say the
blessing ?" "I wouldn't know what to say," the girl replied.
"Just say what you hear Mummy say," the wife whispered.
The daughter bowed her head and said,
"Lord, why did I invite all these people to dinner?"

<><><>

One from my friend Warren about being 60 and over !!

Please check out Warren's Australia Day Post. Good one.

Q. Where can women over the age of 60 find young, sexy
men who are interested in them ?
A. Try a bookstore. Under Fiction.

Q . What can a man do while his wife is going through
menopause ?
A. Keep busy. If you're handy with tools, you can finish
the basement. When you are done, you will have a place to
live.

Q. How can you increase the heart rate of your 60 plus
husband ?
A. Tell him you're pregnant.

Q. How can you avoid spotting a wrinkle every time you walk
by a mirror ?
A. The next time you're in front of a mirror, take off your glasses.

Q. Why should 60 + people use valet parking ?
A. Valets don't forget where they park your car.

Q. Is it common for 60+ people to have problems with short
term memory loss ?
A. Storing memory is not a problem. Retrieving it is a problem.

Q. As people age, do they sleep more soundly ?
A. Yes, but usually in the afternoon.

Q. Where do 60+ year olds look for fashionable glasses ?
A. Their foreheads.

Q. What is the most common remark made by 60+ year
olds when they enter antique stores ?
A. "I remember that."
<><>

What do you get if you cross an imsomniac, an agnostic and
a dyslexic ?
Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there is a dog.
<><>

When he was asked
, "What is the difference between
ignorance and apathy ? he replied, "I don't know and I don't
care."
<><>

What is the best thing to take when you are run down ?
The registration of the vehicle.
<><>

Winter is the time when it's too cold to do all the boring
things it was too hot or too wet to do in Summer.
<><>

A few quotes to finish with ~ ~ ~

A historian is often a journalist facing backwards.
~ ~ Karl Kraus.

Not many sounds in life, and I include all urban and
rural sounds, exceed in interest a knock on the door does.
~ ~ ~ Charles Lamb.

Privacy is a privilege not granted to the aged or the young.
~ ~ ~ Margaret Laurence.

Painting is poetry which is seen and not heard, and poetry
is a painting which is heard but not seen.
~ ~ ~ Leonardo da Vinci.

The span of a man's outstretched arms is equal to his height.
~ ~ ~ Leonardo da Vinci.

You may fool all the people some of the time; you can even
fool some of the people all the time, but you can't fool all the
people all the time. ~ ~ ~ Abraham Lincoln.
<><>

Enough for tonight my friends. Look after yourselves and
each other. Have a great weekend and share some smiles.
Love and best wishes to you all. Cheers, Merle.

Post 400 ~ ~ ~ Saturday, 26th January, 2008.
<><><>







11 comments:

audrey` said...

Dearest Merle

"Make friends with Godly people" is one of the best on the list.
You're a very godly person =)
I thank our Lord for introducing us to each other.
(((HUGS))) and much love.
Take care, my friend.

Lady Di Tn said...

Thanks for enjoying the emails well enough to share with others. I am so glad you had a nice visit from your sons and dil.
You are having the heat and us the cold. It was 9.5 degrees yesterday when I got up to take MD out and it has warmed up to 28 degrees this morning.
Come on and tell us about the yard sale more in detail. What was the most unusual item she sold?
Had a wonderful visit as usual.
Peace

Jeanette said...

Hi Dear Merle, Nice to hear you had a lovely visit with Geoff and Joanne and they was able to help you in the garden, also John popping in to catch up with them.
Enjoyed the Article from Robyn, but laughed at the blonde cook book I might try some of her methods LOL''Take care Merle stay out of the heat 37c forecast today here. Love Janxxx

Patty said...

Sounds like you've had a lovely visit with your son and daughter-in-law. Sorry it's been so hot there. I wish we had a little of it, although it did warm up some today, it got up to about 33 F.

I copied your list of coping with stress, plan on using it one day on one of my blogs.

Have a great day tomorrow. Sleep well. Our one daughter and myself plan on going to visit my Mother and have lunch together.

Margaret said...

Dear Merle Great post, dare I say Bill's wife must be a blonde.
Keep well
Love Margaret

Deb said...

Merle...

Great words, I thank you. As someone who was in tears of worry tonight, your words have helped me. You seem like a beautiful soul. I'll be back. ;)

Duxbury Ramblers said...

Lovely blog Merle, it always makes me laugh and raises my spirit.

Take care & God Bless.

Puss-in-Boots said...

Hi Merle, hope you're coping with the hot weather you're having down there. I love it!

Enjoyed the blonde cookbook...I might have to try some of those recipes.

I found the quite from da Vinci about a man's height being equal to his outstretched arms fascinating. I'm going try it to see if it's true...

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Hugs

mreddie said...

Sounds like you had a double blessing with the visits of your sons and helping you out as well. Good advice there in the stress reducers. I did chuckle at the one about "wondering if there is a dog." :) ec

Jim said...

Hi Merle -- Great again! Of course I liked the blonde cooking diary.
You do most all 36 of those either from what I get by reading into you journal entries and your choice of blogging comedy.

I did check on that Australia Day earlier on both Peter and Waren's blogs. It is a nice thing to be celebrating.

Cheers,
..

auntpearl said...

It sure is nice to have such good sons. Sounds like they love you very much.
Sure wish I could have a taste of your weather to warm my bones. Spring can't get here fast enough for me.
Take care,
Hugs,