Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Choosing.

Update ~ ~ ~ The girls from Yarrawonga and I
had a lovely day together - photos tomorrow.
Thursday 21st is her birthday.
Tomorrow
is Jeanette's birthday, so won't you please pop
over and wish her a happy day. Happy, happy birthday Jan. I
hope you have a wonderful day. Thank you so much for
visiting and bringing Gwen and Pauline with you.

I am all laughed and joked out today, so will post
tomorrow, all being well. Thank you my friends.
Bye,, Love, Merle.

Post 497 ~ ~ ~ Tuesday, 19th August, 2008.

Hello Everyone ~~ I trust that you are all doing well
and your life is going how you want it to. Mine is fine
at present and tomorrow the three Yarrawonga girls are
coming to visit me, so that will be really nice.

I have everything prepared so there will be less to do
while they are here. More time to catch up with our
latest news.

My dear friend Robyn sent me the first item tonight
It is called "Choosing." I have posted it before, but
it was called "Choices." Thank you Robyn.

John is the kind of guy, you love to hate. He is always in
a good mood and always has something positive to say.
When someone would ask him how he was doing, he
would reply, "If I were any better, I would be twins."

He was a natural motivator.

If an employee was having a bad day, John was there
telling the employee how to look on the positive side
of the situation.

Seeing this style really made me curious, so one day, I
went up and asked him, "I don't get it. You can't be a
positive person all the time. "How do you do it?"

He replied,"Each morning I wake up and say to myself,
"You have two choices today. You can choose to be in a
good mood or you can choose to be in a bad mood.

"I choose to be in a good mood."

Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a
victim or . . . I can learn from it.

Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose
to accept their complaining or . . .I can point out the positive
side of life. I choose teh positive side of life.

"Yeah, right, it's not that easy," I protested.

"Yes, it is," he said. "Life is all about choices. When you cut
away all the junk, every situation is a choice. You choose
how you react to situations. You choose how people affect
your mood.

You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood. The bottom
line: It's your choice how you live your life."

I reflected on what he had said. Soon hereafter, I left the
Tower Industry to start my own business. We lost touch,
but I often thought about him when I made a choice about
life instead of reacting to it.

Several years laterr, I heard that he was involved in a serious
accident, falling some 60 feet from a communications tower.

After 18 hours of surgery, and weeks of intensive care, he was
released from the hospital with rods placed in his back..
I saw him about six months after the accident.. When I asked
him how he was, he replied, "Any better and I would be twins. . .
Wanna see my scars?"

I declined to see his wounds, but I did ask him what had gone
through his mind as the accident took place.

"The first thing that went through my mind was the well-being
og my soon-to-be-born daughter," he replied. "Then as I lay
on the ground, I remembered that I had two choices : I could
choose to live or. . . I could choose to die. I chose to live."

"Weren't you scared? Did you lose consciousness?" I asked.
He continued . . . the paramedics were great.
They kept telling me I was going to be fine. But when they
wheeled me into the E R and I saw the expressions on the
faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared. In their
eyes , I read "he's a dead man, I knew I needed to take action."

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Well, there was a big burly nurse shouting question at me,"
said John. She asked if I was allergic to anything. "Yes, I
replied. The doctors and nurses stopped working as they
waited for my reply. I took a deep breath and yelled,
"Gravity."

Over their laughter, I told them, "I am choosing to live.
Operate on me as if I am alive, not dead."

He lived, thanks to the skill of his doctors, but also because
of his amazing attitude . . .I learned from him that every
day we have the choice to live fully.

Attitude, after all. is everything.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will
worry about itself.

After all today if the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
<><>

Blonde joke coming up. Thank you for this one.
Lady Di
Burial at Sea.
Bubbles and Barbie, two blonde sisters had promised
their uncle, who had been a seafaring gentleman all
his life, to bury him at sea when he died. Of course,
in due time, he did pass away, and the two blondes
kept their promise.

They set off from Clearwater Beach with their uncle all
stitched up in a burial bag and loaded on to their boat.

After a while Bubbles says to Barbie, "Do you think
we're out far enough?
Barbie slips over the side of the boat and finding the
water was only knee-deep said. "Nope, not yet Bubbles."

So they row a little further . . . Again, Bubbles asks Barbie,
"Do you think we're out far enough now?"
Once again, Barbie slips over the side and immediatley
says, "No, this will never do. It's only up to my chest."

So on they row and row and row, and finally Barbie
slips over the side and disappears. Quite a bit of time
goes by and poor Bubbles is really getting worried
when suddenly Barbie breaks the surface, gasping
for breath, she says, "OK, it;s finally deep enough.
Hand me the shovel."
<><>

Sorry Folks I cannot stay awake, so will leave it at
that. and post more jokes next. It has been a busy
day with the shopping in the morning etc, so please
forgive me for the lack of jokes in this post.
Look after one another and enjoy your lives.
Love and Best Wishes to you all. Cheers, Merle.

Post 497 ~~ Tuesday, 19th August, 2008
<><><>

16 comments:

Bear Naked said...

T"oday if the tomorrow you worried about yesterday."

I love this saying.
Thanks for sharing it with us Merle.

Bear((( )))

Patty said...

Love that story. When I was working full time we had a man in our office that always said that. He had some days when he was down like all of us, but for the most part he was always up and cheerful.

Hope you had a good nights sleep and it didn't get too cold where you're at. Have to run through the carryout and pick up a bag of ice, I'm lazy, I buy ice in the bag, about one bag a week, saves me having to always fill the ice cube trays, cost me 95 cents, I would probably be spending that much for the water to make the ice. LOL

Lady Di Tn said...

Merle
Thanks for sharing and do get a good night sleep. It is cool here in the mornings 67 degrees but warms up during the day. We are still lucky not to have the awful humidity with the heat. I cannot remember the last time it rained and the grass out front talks as you walk on it. Crunch Crunch. Peace be with you.

Dave said...

Excellent post as always Merle.. I especially liked the firat part, about thinking positive! *S*

Have a wonderful week.

Gigi Ann said...

Hello Merle,

I hope you had a good nights sleep and are feeling much better.

I liked the story about being positive. The older I get the more I try to apply that. But, it's not always easy.

Smile and try to get a good nights sleep tonight;)

Ann

megz_mum said...

Hi Merle
Thanks for the "choices" story - a good philosophy for life.
I enjoyed the blonde joke also ...

Puss-in-Boots said...

Heehee...now that's a good blonde joke, Merle.

I hope you had a good night's sleep.

Hugs.

Renie Burghardt said...

Dear Merle,

It's August 20th already. Time is really trotting on quickly. I am glad you are well, and probably will be enjoying your visit with your friends today.

Choosing is right on! And it is such an inspirational story. The burial at sea joke with the two blondes is pretty funny! LOL. I enjoyed it. And the Cherokee Legend, below, was great, too, dear Merle.

We are to have rain today, and I hope so. The weather has been really wonderful this August, and I'm so thankful the extreme heat of July is over.

Have a wonderful day, dear Merle. And until next time, take care good and be well!

Love and blessings,

Renie

Jim said...

Hi Merle, thank you for this really nice clever blonde joke! I can just see them. :-)
Thank you too for the heads up for Jeanette BDay. I'll hop back over there again, she won't tell on herself!
..

raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

Hi Merle. Great "choices" story and hilarious jokes!
Lisa

Nancy said...

Hi Merle!

Great story "Choosing/Choices." We can all elarn from that one, can't we? Plus, you know I always enjoy your jokes...you make me smile every time I read your blog!

(((((( HUGS ))))))

Rosezilla (Tracie Walker) said...

Hi, Merle, I loved the post about choosing to be happy! That's what I believe too, but it never hurts to be reminded.

Susie said...

Hi Merle,
Glad you had a good visit with the girls :) ;I'll pop over and give the birthday girl best wishes!
Loved the blonde joke!
Hope your week is going well my friend!
love and ((hugs))

Jeanette said...

gday Dear Merle..Choosing /choice a nice story worth a second showing.I choose to be in a good mood always.
Great jokes once again ...thanks for a lovely day..love Janxxxxx

Mountain Mama said...

I'm glad you had a nice time with your friends Merle. I know how much I treasure time with mine. It seems as I grow older those pimes are more precious than ever.
Now about Bubbles and Barbie...that is hillarious!!
Take care,
Love, Bev

audrey` said...

"Choices" are so important.
Thank you for the giggles, smiles and laughter, Merle =)