Post 661 ~ ~ ~ Sunday, 31st January, 2010.
Hello Everyone ~~ I hope the world is treating you all right and life
is good for you. All OK here apart from the heat which we expect to
reach 37C which is about 100 F, so I am indoors with my feet up
doing this. My feet have been swelling, so I have an appointment to
see my doctor tomorrow to check that it is just the heat causing it.
The first item today was sent by my dear friend Connie, aka Meow.
She assures me it is true and is called, "A dog named Jasmine. Thanks.
In 2003, police in Warwickshire, England, opened a garden shed and
found a whimpering, cowering dog. The dog had been locked in the
shed and abandoned. It was dirty and malnourished, and had quite
clearly been abused.
In an act of kindness, the police took the dog, a female greyhound to
the Nuneaton Warwickshire Wildlife Sanctuary, which is run by a man
named Geoff Grewcock, and known as a haven for animals abandoned,
orphaned or otherwise in need.
Geoff and the other Sanctuary staff went to work with two aims: to
restore the dog to full health and to win her trust. It took several weeks
but eventually both goals were achieved. They named her Jasmine and
they started to think about finding her an adoptive home.
Jasmine, however had other ideas. No one quite remembers how it
came about, but Jasmine started welcoming all the animal arrivals at
the sanctuary. It would not matter if it were a puppy, a fox cub, a
rabbit or any other lost or hurting animal. Jasmine would just peer
into the box or cage and when and where possible, deliver a
Geoff relates one of the early incidents. "We had two puppies that
had been abandoned by a nearby railway line. One was a Lakeland
Terrior cross and the other a Jack Russell Doberman cross. They
were tiny when they arrived at the centre and Jasmine approached
them and grabbed one by the scruff of the neck in her mouth and
put him on the settee. Then she fetched the other one and sat down
with them, cuddling them."
"But she is like that with all of our animals, even the rabbits. She
takes all the stress out of them, and it helps them to not only feel
close to her, but to settle into their new surroundings. She has done
the same with the fox and badger cubs, she licks the rabbits and
guinea pigs, and even lets the birds perch on the bridge of her nose.
Jasmine, the timid, abused, deserted waif became the animal sanctuary's
resident surrogate mother, a role for which she might have been born.
The list of orphaned and abandoned youngsters she has cared for
comprises five fox cubs, four badger cubs, fifteen chicks, eight guinea pigs,
two stray puppies and fifteen rabbits - and one roe deer fawn.
Tiny, Bramble, eleven weeks old was found semi-conscious in a field. Upon
arrival at the sanctuary, Jasmine cuddled up to her to keep her warm, and
then went into full foster-mum role. Jasmine the greyhound showers
Bramble the roe deer with affection and makes sure nothing is matted.
"They are inseparable." says Geoff. "Bramble walks between her legs
and they keep kissing each other. They walk together round the
sanctuary. It's a real treat to see them,"
Jasmine will continue to care for Bramble until she is old enough to
be returned to woodland life. When that happens, Jasmine will not
be lonely. She will be too busy showering love and affection on the
next orphan or victim of abuse.
Pictured from the left are: "Toby" a stray Lakeland dog; "Bramble"
orphaned roe deer; "Buster" a stray Jack Russell, a dumped rabbit;
"Sky", an injured barn owl; and Jasmine, with a mother's heart doing
best what a caring mother would do ...and such is the order of
And, just in case you wondered, Snopes.com has verified the truth of
this wonderful story and the reality of these photographs which
accompany it- so you can pass this story on and help make someone
else's day to be just a little brighter.
Now to find a few jokes - - -
First one is a Mountain Wings one with the title of - -
The Top Ten Have One Need One Virus Excuses. Strange title!!
1. The Macy's One Day Sale Flu.
2. The Driver's License Renewal Appointment 24 Hour Virus.
3. The Friday -Afternoon-Start-the-Weekend-Early Sudden Unbearable
4. The I'm Looking for a New Job and I Don't know how long it's Going
to take, but I Want to Stay on the Payroll Until then Mysterious
5. The My Boyfriend's got the week off so Suddenly I'm too Contagious
to come to the Office Disease.
6. The I Need a Hair Cut and my Stylist Doesn't make Evening
Appointments Bout of Influenza.
7. The There's no Federal Holidays for Two Months and I want a Day Off
8. The It's Spring Break and I want to Pretend I'm a Teenager again
9. The I've Messed up Royally and I Won't Come in t0 Face the Music.
10. The I Really Am Sick and I've got the Doctor's Bills and the completed
Medical Expense Reimbursement Forms to prove it Infirmity.
Next one was sent by my good friend Gina, Thank you.
A beautiful fairy appeared one day t0 an asylum seeker claimant
outside Centrelink Offices.
"My good man," the fairy said, "I've been told to grant you three
wishes, since you have just arrived here with your wife and seven
The man told the fairy: "Well in Sri Lanka where I come from, we don't
have good teeth, so I want new teeth, maybe a lot of gold in them.
The fairy looked at the man's almost toothless grin and --PING !!!
He had a brand new shining set of gold teeth in his mouth.
"What else?" asked the fairy, "two more wishes to go."
The refugee claimant now got bolder.
"I need a big house and a three car garage on the Gold Coast with
eight bedrooms for my family and the rest of my refugee relatives who
still live in Sri Lanka. I want to bring them all over here..." --PING !!!
In the distance there could be seen a beautiful mansion with a three car
garage, a long driveway, a walkout patio with a BBQ, and a sparkling
swimming pool and a BMW, full of his nephews playing their music.
"One more wish left for you", said the fairy, waving her wand.
"I want to be Australian with Australian clothes instead of the rags and
shawl, and I want to have white skin like the Australians. --PING !!!
The man was transformed, wearing worn-out old Stubbies shorts, a
dirty Bonds T shirt and a greasy terry-towel hat. He had his bad teeth
back and the mansion had disappeared from the horizon.
"What happened to my new teeth?" he wailed . . and Where is my new
house? Where's my Visa Gold Card?"
"Tough luck. Now that you are Australian, you're entitled to - - -
sweet nothing , like the rest of us."
and she disappeared.
Next one came from my good friend Linda L. Thank you.
A Nun Grading Papers. Can you imagine the nun sitting at her desk
grading these papers, all the while trying to keep a straight face and
her composure ?
Pay special attention to the wording and spelling. If you know the
Bible even a little, you'll find this hilarious. It comes from a Catholic
Elementary School test.
Kids were asked about the old and new testaments. The following
statements about the Bible were written by children. They have not
been retouched or corrected incorrect spelling has been left in.
1. In the first book of the Bible, Guinessis, God got tired of creating
the world so he took the Sabbath off.
2.. Adam and Eve were created from an apple tree. Noah's wife was
Joan of Ark. Noah built the Ark and the animals came on in Pears.
3. Lot's wife was a pillar of salt during the day, but a ball of fire
during the night.
4. The Jews were a proud people and throughout history they had
trouble with unsympathetic genitals.
5. Sampson was a strong man who let himself be led astray by a
Jezabel like Delilah.
6. Sampson slayed the Philistines with the axe of the Apostles.
7. Moses led the Jews to the Red Sea where they made unleavened
bread which is bread without any ingredients.
8. The Egyptians were all drowned in the dessert. Afterwards,
Moses went up to Mount Cyanide to get the ten commandments.
9. The first commandments was when Eve told Adam to eat the apple.
10, The seventh commandment is thou shall not admit adultery.
11. Moses died before he ever reached Canada, then Joshua led the
Hebrews in the battle of Geritol.
12. The greatest miracle in the Bible is when Joshua told his son to
stand still and he obeyed him.
13. David was a Hebrew king who was skilled at playing the liar. He
fought the Finkelsteins, a race of people who lived in Biblical times.
14. Solomon, one of David's sons had 300 wives and 700 porcupines.
15. When Mary heard she was the mother of Jesus, she sang the
16. When the three wise guys from the east side arrived they found
Jesus in the Manager.
17. Jesus was born because Mary had an Immaculate Contraption.
18. St. John the blacksmith dumped water on his head.
19. Jesus enunciated the Golden Rule, which says to do unto others
before they do one to you. He also explained Man doth not live
by sweat alone.
20. It was a miricle when Jesus rose from the dead and managed to
get the tombstone off the entrance.
21. The people who followed the Lord were called The 12 Decibels.
22. The Epistles were the wives of the Apostles.
23. One of the Opossums was St. Matthew who was also a Taximan.
24. St Paul cavorted to Christianity. He preached Holy Acrimony
which is another name for Marriage.
25. Christians have only one spouse. This is called Monotony.
A few quotes to conclude with - - - -
Realise deeply that the present moment is all you ever have,
~ ~ ~ Eckhart Tolle.
Hope is only the love of life. ~ ~ Henri-Frederic Amiel.
I look to the future because that's where I'm going to spend
the rest of my life. ~ ~ ~ George Burns.
The way I see it if, if you want the rainbow you gotta put up
with the rain. ~ ~ ~ Dolly Parton.
Most things get better by themselves. most things, in fact, are
better by morning. ~ ~ ~ Lewis Thomas.
Normal is nothing more than a cycle on a washing machine.
~ ~ ~ Whoopi Goldberg.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of
yourself. ~ ~ ~ Charlie Chaplin.
We are all special cases. ~ ~ ~ Albert Camus
Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is
finished: if you're alive, it isn't. ~~ Richard Bach.
Enough for today my friends. Take care of yourselves and each other.
Give someone a smile who doesn't have one. A kind word can do so
mush to cheer a sad heart. Love and best wishes to you all.
Post 661 ~ ~ ~ Sunday, 31st January, 2010.