Post 671 ~ ~ ~ Friday, 26th March, 2010.
Hello my friends ~ ~ I am back after a whole week without the internet and
that was very frustrating. My phone was accidentally disconnected and that
seemed to be the problem,but it should not have taken so long to reconnect
in my opinion. Thanks to Peter for letting you know what the problem was,
and that I was still in the land of the living. But dementia indeed!!!
Why are people so unkind??
I hope all is well with everyone, I haven't had time to read all the posts that
I missed yet, but I will. And I will answer your comments.
I had a cousin stay over 4 days last weekend, and we went out every day
so I am very tired, and we both enjoyed the time together. I am still wondering
about my shortness of breath.
I had a ct scan of my lungs a few days ago and see the doctor on Monday
for the results of that. He said there is another lung disease, besides
emphysema and he wants to know which one I have. He said that he would
not like to have either when I asked. Oh Well!!!! He is talking about a lung
specialist, so we will see what Monday brings.
Today I have cooked a nice piece of Corned Beef with lots of vegies so have
some meals ready for myself. My son Geoff and wife Joanne are coming up
next Thursday, and then going on to get a trailer load of fire-wood as they
have a heater that takes wood.
While I was off the air, my granddaughter, Samantha had her baby at last
She has called her Summer Jade. Her other two Tabatha 10 and Gabrielle 6
will love having the baby home at last. They went home the very same day.
Times have changed all right. Now I have 4 great granddaughters.No boys.
Tonight I will start with some Zen Teachings, my cousin Bill sent. Thanks Bill.
1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for
I may not follow. Do not walk beside me for the path is narrow. In fact, just
piss off and leave me alone.
2. Sex is like air. It's not that important unless you aren't getting any.
3. No one is listening until you fart.
4. Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.
5. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
6. If you think nobody cares if you are alive or dead, try missing a
couple of mortgage payments.
7. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have
8. If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
9. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish,
and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
10. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was
probably worth it.
11. If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
12. Some days you are the bug; some days you are the windscreen.
13. Don't worry. It only seems kinky the first time.
14. Good judgment comes from bad experience...and most of that
comes from bad judgment.
15. A closed mouth gathers no foot.
16. There are two excellent theories for arguing with women.
17. Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your lips are
18. Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
19. We are born naked, wet and hungry, and get slapped on our ass , , ,
then things just keep getting worse.
20. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative
on the same night.
One from my good friend Sherrill on how to fix the economy. Thanks.
Dear Mr. Rudd,
Please find below my suggestion for fixing Australia's economy. Instead
of giving billions of dollars to banks and insurance companies that will
squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the
following plan . . . .
You can call it The Patriotic Retirement Plan:
There are about 3 million people over 50 in the work force.
Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the
following stipulations :
1) They MUST retire. Three million job openings. Unemployment fixed.
2) They MUST buy a new Australian made car. Three million cars ordered.
Auto Industry fixed.
3) They MUST buy a house or pay off their mortgage. Housing crisis fixed.
4) They must send their kids to school/ college/ University -Crime rate fixed.
5) They must buy $50 of alcohol/ tobacco a week . .there's your money
back in duty / tax etc.
It can't get any easier than that!
P.S. If more money is needed, have all the members of parliament pay
back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances.
My friend Gina sent me this one "Barbie Shopping." Thanks Gina.
One day a fella was driving home when he suddenly realized that it was
his daughter's birthday and --shock ---he hadn't bought her anything.
Out of the corner of his eye he notices a shopping mall. Knowing it was
'now or never' he pulls his car through three lanes of traffic, finds a
parking bay and runs into the mall.
After a frantic search he finds a toy store, goes inside and attracts the
attention of the shop assistant. When asked what he'd like, he simply
says : "a Barbie doll".
The shop assistant looks at him in a condescending manner and asks,
"So, Sir, which Barbie would that be?"
The man looks surprised so the assistant continues, "We have Barbie
Goes to the Ball at $19.99, Barbie goes shopping at $19.99, Barbie
goes clubbing at $19.99, Barbie goes to the Gym at $19.99 and
Cyber Barbie at $19.99 and Divorced Barbie at $249.99."
The man can't help himself and asks, "Why is Divorced Barbie $249.99
when all those other Barbies are selling for $19.99 ???"
"Well, Sir, that's quite obvious," says the assistant.
"Divorced Barbie comes with Ken's house, Ken's car, Ken's furniture.."
One from my good friend Patty --"This Explanation Works for me."
With time, women gain weight because we accumulate so much
information and wisdom in our heads that when there is no more room,
it distributes out to the rest of our bodies.
So we aren't heavy, we are enormously cultured, educated and happy.
Beginning today, when I look at my butt in the mirror I will think,
"Good grief, look how smart I am !!
Must be where 'Smart Ass' came from. !!
One from my British friends, Sue and Bob. Thank you.
Why .... do Tescos make the sick walk all the way to the back of the
store for prescriptions, while healthy people can buy cigarettes at
Why do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries and a diet coke?
Why do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the
Why do they have drive up ATM machines with Braille lettering?
Why do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the drive-way and
put our useless junk in the garage?
Ever wonder . . .Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?
Why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed ?
Why don't we ever see the headline - "Psychic Wins Lottery?"
Why is abbreviated such a long word?
Why is it that doctors call what they do 'practice.'?
Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dish-washing
liquid made with real lemons?
Why is the man who invests your money called a broker?
Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
Why isn't there a mouse flavored cat food?
Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?
Why do they sterilise the needle for lethal injections?
You know that indestructible black box that is used on planes? Why
don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?
Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?
Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport 'the terminal ? Why?
Well it is time to say Goodnight and thank you all for your e mails and
concern for me. I will try to reply to you all over the weekend. Keep
smiling and enjoy your lives. Love and best wishes to you all.
Post 671 ~ ~ ~ Friday, 26th March, 2010.