Thursday, April 07, 2011

Asleep in the arms of someone who cares.

Post 733 ~ ~ ~ Friday, 8th April, 2011.

Hello Everyone ~~ Just a quick post before I go to Melbourne.
I am fairly confident all will be well, and thank you so much, all
the good people sent messages of good luck, prayers etc.
I really do appreciate my blogging friends.

I hope all is going well for you and your lives are enjoyable.

My dear friend Barbara sent me an e mail today with the title
of the post with the terrific photo in it. Thank you Barbara.

Asleep in the Arms of someone who cares.






This is a Chief Master Sergeant in the USAF serving in Afghanistan.

As high as you can go in enlisted ranks (E-9)

Wouldn't it be fitting if this went completely around the world.

John Gebhardt's wife, Mindy said this little girl's entire family was
executed. The insurgents intended to execute the little girl also,
and shot her in the head. . . but they failed to kill her.

She was cared for in John's hospital and is healing up, but continues
to cry and moan.

The nurses said John is the only one who seems to calm her down, so
John spent the last four nights holding her while they both slept in
that chair. The girl is coming along with her healing.

He is a real Star of the war, and represents what the combined
service is trying to do.

This, my friends, is worth sharing. Go for it. You'll never see things
like this on the news/ Please pass it on and keep it going.

The world needs to see pictures like this and needs to realise that what
we're doing over there is making a difference.

Even if it is just one little girl at a time.
<><>
Now to find a few jokes.
First one is from my friend Gina. Thank you.
The Old Italian Gardener.

An old Italian Gardener lived alone in New Jersey. He wanted to plant his
annual tomato garden, but it was very difficult work as the ground was hard.
His only son, Vincent who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote
a letter to his son and described his predicament:
Dear Vincent, I am feeling pretty sad, because it looks like I won't be able to
plant my tomato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a
garden plot. I know if you were here, my troubles would be over. I know you
would be happy to dig the plot for me, like in the old days. Love, Papa.

A few days later he received a letter from his son.

Dear Pop. Don't dig up that garden. That's where the bodies are buried.
Lov
e, Vinnie.

At 4 am the next morning. FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up
the entire area
without finding any bodies. Theu apologised to the old man
and left.

The next day, the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Pop, Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That's the best I could do
under the circumstances. Love you, Vinnie.
<><>

One from my friend Linda in Canberra. Thank you Linda. (I think).

Very, very interesting, scientifically proven . . . . . .

Six truths in Life....

1. You cannot stick your tongue out and look up to the ceiling at the same
time. a physical impossibility.

2. All idiots after reading No. 1 will try it.

3. And discover No, 1 is a lie.

4. You are smiling because you are an idiot.

5. You will soon pass this to another idiot.

6. There is still a stupid smile on your face.

I sincerely apologize about this, but I am an idiot and I needed company.
<><>

One from Mountain Wings. "Back of the Store."

The supermarket had a sale on boneless chicken breasts and I intended to
stock up. At the store, however, I was disappointed to find only a few skimpy
pre-packaged portions of the poultry, so I complained to the butcher.

"Don't worry," she said, "I'll pack some more trays and have them ready for you
by the time you finish shopping."

Several aisles later, I heard the lady butcher's voice boom over the public
address system: "Will the gentleman who was looking for bigger breasts, please
meet me at the back of the store."
<><>
Another from Linda called "Outdoor Sport -- Irish Style."

Two Irishmen walk into a pet shop in Dingle, they walk over to the bird section
and Gerry says to Paddy, "Dat's dem."

The owner comes over and asks if he can help them.
"Yeah ," we'll take four of dem dere little budgies in dat cage up dere," says Gerry.
The owner puts the budgies in a cardboard box.

Paddy and Gerry pay for the birds, leave the shop and get into Gerry's truck to
drive to the top of Connor Pass.
At the Connor Pass, Gerry looks down at the 1000 foot drop and says, "Dis looks
like a grand place."

He takes two birds out of the box, puts one on each shoulder and jumps off the cliff.

Paddy watches as the budgies fly off and Gerry falls all the way to the bottom,
killing himself stone dead.
Looking at the remains of his best pal, Paddy shakes his head and says, "Fook dat
Dis budgie jumping is too fook'n dangerous for me."
There's more . . .

Moments later, Seamus arrives up at Connor Pass. He's been to the pet shop too
and walks to the edge of the cliff carrying another cardboard box in one
hand and a shotgun in the other.

"Hi Paddy, watch dis," Seamus says.

He takes a parrot from the box and let's him fly free.
He then throws himself over the edge of the cliff with the gun.

Paddy watches as half way down, Seamus takes the gun and shoots the parrot.

Seamus continues to plummet down until he hits the bottom and breaks every
bone in his body.

Paddy shakes his head and says, "And I'm never trying dat parrotshooting either"

IT IS NOT OVER YET . . . . .

Paddy is just getting over the shock of losing two friends when Sean appears.
He's also been to the pet shop and is carrying a cardboard box out of which
he pulls a chicken.

Sean then takes the chicken by it's legs and hurls himself off the cliff
and disappears down, and down until he hits a rock and breaks his spine. . . .

Once more Paddy shakes his head.

"Fook dat, lads. . . . "First dere was Gerry with his budgie jumping, then
Seamus parottshooting. . . and now Sean and his fook/n hengliding."
<><>

There are some repeats I know, so I'll close with another. It is my favorite
quick joke that I can remember.

There was a Rescue helicopter that could only cater for 10 persons, and
there were 10 men and one woman hanging on to the rope.

Nobody said anything for a while and then finally the woman said,
"Oh, well, I guess I will have to sacrifice myself."

AND -- All the men clapped.
<><>

Take great care my friends, and all being well, I will get back to you next
week. Look after yourselves and each other. My love and best wishes to
you all. Cheers, Merle.

Post 733 ~ ~ ~ Friday, 8th April, 2011.
<><><>

10 comments:

Dave said...

Best of luck to you dear friend! Wish I were there to send you off with a hug. *S*

Rob said...

Hi Merle, I hope everything goes well for you at the hospital. Those guys wouldn't be doing the job if they didn't know what they were doing so I'm sure you will be fine and come out better for having it done.

Beth E. said...

Praying for you, sweet Merle!

Thank you for sharing the story of the Chief Master Sergeant in the USAF. Thank you, too, for all the jokes. I really liked the one about the Italian gardener! Haha

Love you,
Beth

Carole Burant said...

Hello dearest Merle,

Please know that I'm thinking of you and praying that all goes well with your procedure. It's an added bonus when we know we can trust our doctor:-)

We need more people like that Chief Master Sergeant in this world. What a wonderful story and how precious is that picture of him holding the little girl.

Ok, I got caught too, I stuck out my tongue and looked up at the ceiling before reading the rest...I've joined the idiot ranks! LOL That was funny!

Take care dear Merle, lots of love going your way. xoxo

Granny Annie said...

You are in my prayers. The very best to you on this medical journey.

That picture of the soldier has been around a long time but it never fails to touch my heart each time I see it.

jel said...

hope all is well!

huggs

linda may said...

Best wishes Merle.
Hey after reading that first story and photo I was reminded of my Dad who when in Vietnam raised money and cared for a home of orphaned children, I still have some photos of that some where.

audrey` said...

How are you, our dearest friend Merle? Take care (((HUGS)))

We're still praying for you and with you.

Gledwood said...

Hi Merle I haven't been about; I just got my broadband back. I hope all goes well for you in Melbourne.

I've been a bit depressed and can't snap out of it. I think I've got bipolar. The doctor said I have bipolar as diagnosis number 2. His first diagnosis is schizoaffective disorder which means bipolar manic depression with bits of schizophrenia thrown on top. I don't know about the schizophrenia. When I was manic I was hearing voices coming outof the walls and ceiling (and the sky, when I was outside) but that doesn't mean schizophrenia necessarily; you can get psychotic features in severe bipolar and I really did go severely high when I went manic. So I don't know. Ironically although I'm depressed and miserable I feel pretty together and have my concentration and focus a lot better than when I was up and high... oh I don't know. I'm only dropping by to say hello.

Take it easy :-) I'm not sure what you're going to Melbourne to sort out but I know you have various health difficulties. Whatever it is I hope they sort it out good and proper (I just made a typo and said I hope they sort it gout but I don't think you've got gout, have you Merle?)

Anyway I hope it all goes well. Take it easy and lots of love

XXXXXXX

Mountain Mama said...

Hi Merle. I pray all went well with the kidney stone removal. I have been thinking of you.
I loved your jokes and copied a few to sent to family & friends so they can laugh as hard as I did.
We had snow here this morning. What a surprise! It knocked over some of my daffodil's but they are trying to stand up straight again. Poor little things!
I will be checking back soon. Do take care dear.
Hugs