Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Hello.

Post 91 - - - - - Tuesday, 12 December 2006.

Hi Everyone ~~ I guess you have all had a busy day,as they all seem to be busy this close to Christmas. I have my cards all done, but now have lots of presents to wrap in the next few days. My son Geoff and his family are coming up from Melbourne for a visit, which will be great as I haven’t seen them for awhile.

My daughter Kathy is coming to collect me, on Tuesday and we will leave on Wednesday 20th December. I will be off the air for a few days from then. Meanwhile I am still here for awhile. Today was food shopping day, so all stocked up again. I will cook some nice dinners for the folks.

The following item was sent to me by Gwen from Gwens Den and is very nice. Thank you Gwen.

GOOD MORNING

While you have your first cup of coffee,

set back and listen to some music and read about HELLO.

Have you ever thought what this word stands for? Read on....

Do you know that a simple "hello" can be a sweet one?

The word H E L L O means:

H=How are you?

E= Everything all right?

L= Like to hear from you

L= Love to see you soon!

O=Obviously, You are my friend...

So, HELLO!

It has made me smile every time I say hello since then

so send this message to the people you care about.

Just thinking of you!

I only sent this to people that I knew would NOT break

the chain or that believe in the power of prayer.

May today there be peace within you. May you trust your

God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.

"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet

when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."

<><><><>

Joke time is here - - - -

Paddy and Mick are walking home after a night on the grog. They’ve got no money to get a taxi and are staggering all over the place when they find themselves outside a bus depot.

Paddy has a brainwave and says to Mick : “Get in there and steal a bus so we can drive home and I’ll stay out here and look out for the police.”

Mick duly breaks into the depot and is gone for 20 minutes while Paddy is wondering what the hell he is doing.

Eventually, Paddy sticks his head around the door and sees Mick running from bus to bus, looking very worried.

“What in the world are you doing Mick? Get a move on.” To which Mick replied, “ I can’t find a Number 7 anywhere Paddy.”

Where- upon Paddy, holding his hand to is head in disbelief, shouts “You idiot, Mick, steal a No. 9 and we’ll get off at the roundabout and walk the rest of the way.”

<><><>

Teddy came thundering down the stairs, much to his father’s annoyance.

“Teddy,” he called, “how many times have I got to tell you to come down the stairs quietly ? Now, go back up and come down like a civilised human being.”

There was a silence and Teddy reappeared n the front room.

“That’s better,” said his father. “Now will you always come down stairs like that ?”

“Suits me,” says Teddy. “I slid down the bannister.”

<><><>

One day a little girl was sitting and watching her mother do the dishes at the kitchen sink. She suddenly noticed that her mother had several strands of white hair sticking out in contrast on her brunette head. She looked at her mother and inquisitively asked, “ Why are some of your hairs white, Mom ?”

Her mother replied, “ Well, every time you do something wrong and make me cry or unhappy, one of my hairs turn white.”

The little girl thought about this revelation for a while and then said, “Momma, how come ALL of grandma’s hairs are white?”

<><><><>

One day Joe’s mother turned to Joe’s father and said, “It’s such a nice day, I think I’ll take Joe to the Zoo.”

“I wouldn’t bother,” said father, “If they want him, let them come and get him.”

<><><>

A six year old boy called his mother from his friend Charlie’s house and confessed he had broken a lamp when he threw a football in their living room.

“But, Mom,” he said, brightening, “you don’t have to worry about buying another one. Charlie’s mother said it was

irreplaceable.”

<><><>

George knocked on the door of his friend’s house. When his friend’s mother answered he asked, “Can Albert come out to play?”

“No,” said the mother, “it’s too cold.”

“Well, then, said George, “can his football come out to play ?”

<><><>

Little Johnny’s new baby brother was screaming up a storm. He asked his mom, “Where’d we get him ?”

His mother replied, “He came from heaven, Johnny.”

Johnny says, “ WOW !! I can see why they threw him out !!”

<><><>

An irate woman burst in to the baker’s shop and said, “ I sent my son in for two pounds of cookies this morning, but when I weighed them there was only one pound. I suggest you check your scales.”

The baker looked at her calmly for a moment or two and then replied. “Ma’am, I suggest you weigh your son.”

<><><><>

A few quotes to finish with - - -

Home is a place you grew up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to. - - - John Ed. Pearce.

One of the oldest human needs is having someone to wonder wher you are when you don’t come home at night. - - - Margaret Mead.

Where we love is home – home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts - - - Oliver Wendall Holmes Sr.

A small town is a place where there is little to see or do, but what you hear makes up for it. - - - Ivern Ball.

A small town is a place where everyone knows whose cheque is good and whose husband is not. - - - Sid Ascher.

Friendships multiply joys and divide griefs. - - - H. G. Bohn.

It is well to give when asked, but it is better to give unasked, through understanding. - - - Kahlil Gibran.

No man can be called friendless when he has God and the companionship of good books. - - Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

Bye for now my friends, Take care and be happy. Merle.

Post 91 - - - - - Tuesday, 12 December 2006

6 comments:

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Merle your blog always cheers me up. Don't know how much I will be posting between now and Christmas so please have a Merry Christmas and stay out of mischief.:)

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean with getting everything done in time for Christmas!!
Take care!
:-D
Tammy~Kentucky Gal
http://kentucky-gal.blogspot.com
(blogger is a biddy...blogger is a biddy!!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Merle
Hope blogger lets me post today.
Have a great time with Geoff and his family.Its always nice when the family come visit.Mine all start comming boxing day ill have 22 here together staying over for new year. Its Quiet a while since we been all together to see the New Year in.love your jokes todaty
That little Johnny always up too something. lol hahahah.
Take care have fun Janxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Merle,
Trying to post as anoymouse, or other, whichever it will let me ... evil Blogger !!
Good luck with your present wrapping.
It's wonderful having the family over to celebrate Christmas. Hope it is a wonderful day.
Love the HELLO item ... lovely.
Take care, dear friend ... Meow

Anonymous said...

OMG, it worked .... Meow

Anonymous said...

Hi Merle.. I'm trying for the 12th time,gladou enjoyed coffee.Still having a giggle at your jokes as always,have a very merry christmas
with your family.
Mick & Paddy wasn't going to miss their bus!!
Stay Well Merle xo
Gwen