Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Value of Time.

Post 609 ~ ~ ~ Tuesday, 23rd June, 2009.

Hello My Friends ~~ I hope the world is treating you right in your corner of the universe.
All going well in Shepparton, bits of drizzly rain and warmer days - up to 17C (62 F) and
over night we have had some 6 and 8 C which is low 40s F.

Today was my shopping day, so the cupboards and refrigerator are stocked up again.
Everything put away and I cooked the microwavable chicken, had a Nana Nap, and it is
getting late again now. So I will get on with it.

My good friend, Robyn sent me this nice article. I hope you enjoy it.

To realize the value of a sister, Ask someone who doesn't have one.

The realize the value of ten years: ask a newly divorced couple.

To realize the value of four years: ask a graduate.

To realize the value of one year : ask a student who has failed a final exam.

To realize the value of nine months: ask the mother who gave birth to a stillborn.

Th realize the value of one month: ask the mother who has given birth to a premature baby.

To realize the value of one week : ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.

To value of one minute: ask a person who has missed the train, bus or plane.

To realize the value of one second: ask a person who has survived an accident.

Time waits for no one. Treasure every moment you have.

You will enjoy it even more when you can share it with someone special.

To realize the value of a friend or family member: LOSE ONE.

The origin of this letter is unknown, but it brings good luck to everyone who passes it on.

Do not keep this letter. Peace, love and prosperity to all . . . .

Remember .. . . . hold on tight to the ones you love !!
<><>

Some observations for you.

According to a recent study, five out of four people have trouble with fractions.

If quitters never win and winners never quit, what fool came up with, "Quit while ahead."

If it's true that we're here to help others, then what are the others here for?

No one ever says, "It's only a game, when their team is winning.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Ever wonder what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag?

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

Be nice to your kids. They will chose your nursing home.

When blondes have more fun, do they know it?

Remember, half the people in the world are below average.

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
<><>

My dear friend Margaret sent the next joke, Thank you Margaret.

Mrs McGervey was walking down O'Connell Street in Dublin when she met up with Father
O'Flaherty. The Father said, "Top of the morning to you. Aren't you Mrs. McGervey and
didn't I marry you and your hoosband 2 years ago?"
She replied, "Aye, that you did Father."

The father asked, "And be there any wee little ones yet?"
She replied, "Not yet, Father."

The Father said, "Well, now, I'm going to Rome next week and I'll light a candle for you
and your and your hoosband.."
She replied, "Oh, thank you Father." Then they parted ways.

Some years later they met again. The Father asked, "Well, now Mrs, McGervey, how are
you these days?"
She replied, "Oh, very well, Father." The Father asked, "And tell me, have you any wee
ones yet?"

She replied, "Oh, yes Father, Three sets of twins and 4 singles, Ten in all."
The Father said, "That's wonderful. How is your loving hoosband doing?"

She replied, "E's gone to Rome to blow out your fookin' candle."
<><>

My good friend Linda May sent me this list of actual notices in the newspaper. Thanks.

1. FREE YORKSHIRE TERRIER. 8 years old. Hateful little b*****d. Bites.

2. FREE PUPPIES.: Half Cocker Spaniel, half sneaky neighbor's dog.

3. FREE PUPPIES: Mother, AKC German Shepherd, Father, Super Dog....able to leap
tall fences in a single bound.

4. FOUND - DIRTY WHITE DOG : Looks like a rat. Been out awhile. Better be big reward"

5. COWS, CALVES : NEVER BRED. Also one gay bull.

6. JOINING NUDIST COLONY. Must sell washer and dryer $300.

7. WEDDING DRESS : Worn once by mistake. Call Stephanie.

8. FOR SALE BY OWNER : Complete set of Encyclopedia Britannics, 45 volumes,
Excellent condition. $1,000 or best offer. No longer needed. Got married last
month. Wife knows everything.
<><>

Last one for tonight. It is supposed to come with a picture of a dog taking a nap.
So just think of a tired looking dog.

An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard. I could tell from his collar and well-
fed belly that he had a home and was
well taken care of. He calmly came over to me.
I gave him a few pats on his head and then he followed me into my house. slowly walked
down the hall curled up in the corner and fell asleep.

An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.

The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and resumed his
spot in the hall and again slept about an hour. This continued for several weeks.

Curious, I pnned a note to his collar, "I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful, sweet dog iis and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon, your
dog comes to my house for a nap."

The next day, he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned to his collar.

"He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3.. he's trying to catch up on his
sleep. Can I come with him, tomorrow?"
<><>

Enough for this post, I am off to bed. Take great care of yourselves and each other.
My love and best wishes to you all. See you next time. Cheers, Merle.

Post 609 ~ ~ ~ Tuesday, 23rd, June, 2009.
<><><>

15 comments:

Patty said...

Dear Merle, once again, you've out done yourself. Some pretty good ones here. I especially like the one about Mrs McGervey. Sleep well tonight, after going shopping I would imagine you're tired. Your friend, Patty

Indy Cookie said...

I so enjoy your blog! Hope life is treating you well in your corner of the world!

Jack K. said...

Great post. I really loved the tired dog story.

Beth E. said...

I agree with Jack...the tired dog story is really cute! I enjoyed all of the jokes and stories. Thank you for bringing us laughter, Merle!

I hope you are able to get some good rest. Shopping wears me out! It sounds like you have some good sleeping weather. Those temperatures you are having are definitely cooler than what we are having. Today we will have a high of 89F and a low of 64C. I prefer your weather over ours...it's too hot here!

Please stop by my blog when you can. I've posted some pictures of our youngest son, and have written a couple of blog posts about him.

Blessings to you...
Beth E.

Marian Dean said...

Love the imagery that goes with the story of the tired dog, you can just visualise it.
Keep well dear Merle.
Love Granny

Jeanette said...

Gday Dear Merle.
I can relate to a few of Those "I realize". Im having quite a grin at the tired Dog, I can just imagine it would truly need a rest along with its owner..Take care dear Merle, Love Janxxx

audrey` said...

"To realize the value of..." is so encouraging =) I like it very much, Merle. Thank you.

Dave said...

As usual, I start my day with a smile because of you Merle!!

Glad you're feeling better and all stocked up on food. Stay warm!

Gledwood said...

Hi Merle, thanks for the message. I did German for years and years and am now too advanced to do any course I've found in it. But not advanced enough to speak it as properly as I'd like ~ hence my hacking through a novel, half an hour to an hour a page with dictionary!!
Spanish I don't speak a word of, except what has absorbed into me passively over the years, ya know.
I know ear ache's horrible. I last got an ear infection about 10 years ago. That one didn't hurt, but made the world spin about me quite disconcertingly ~ nasty business.

Glad it's gone from you ;->...

Jim said...

Hi Merle, sounds like you are back to your 'normal' routine. I am real sorry about your earache. I haven't had a bad one for years.

I peeked down some as I have been missing for a while. Getting old does 'wear on you' doesn't it. It does me. This weekend was busy and hectic but enjoyable with friends or family. We didn't eat at home for a single large meal!

I liked your tired dog story, I hadn't ever heard it before. And the time value ditty was precious.
"Quit while ahead," was said by a pessimist trying to act like an optimist.
..

Christina said...

HI Merle, good post once again, especially the joke about the candle in Rome!

Christina said...

btw, my iguana is about 4 1/2 feet long including tail.

Puss-in-Boots said...

Hahahahaaaa! I loved the advertisements and the tired dog, Merle. Those are very good.

I hope all is well with you...no more earache or falls, God forbid. It's almost the weekend. I'm going up to the Sunshine Coast in the weekend and told Peter I'd pop in and see him (I hope he's vacuumed...). Hugs.

Fred said...

Isn't shopping day the best? I do make sure I go on a full stomach when I go, otherwise I'll come home with all sorts of things we don't need.

I also loved the advertisements. They were great!

Margaret Cloud said...

Merle these were good as usual, I just loved the one about the tired old dog, I can just see him coming into the yard. The candle blowing it out did get a chuckle. You did make us all smile and I am glad you do. Take care friend and be safe.