Sunday, January 19, 2014

January 2014 update....

Hey everyone, it's Merle's granddaughter Bec again...
Sorry it's been awhile since I've updated you all... Time flies..
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and thanksgiving and New Year's Eve...

I was unsure of what to write so I've stolen a paragraph from Peter's blog http://holtieshouse.blogspot.com.au       (I hope that's ok Uncle Peter....)

"It was hot enough today to melt some fairly extensive sections of new bitumen on the motorway as I drove to Shepparton to visit again with my sister Merle, she is in the Shepparton Private Hospital waiting on a placement in respite at a nursing home, she has finally conceded that she is unable to look after herself at home so the move into respite will become permanent when a suitable room becomes available.
Merle has succumbed to Dementia over the last few months, its sad to see her repeating the same things over and over and with a fairly serious case of the “Oh Dears” which she prefaces almost everything with, “Oh Dear… I didn’t sleep well last night etc.”  

I know she does appreciate all of your kind words and prayers.

Thankyou all for caring 
Cheers Bec

9 comments:

Granny Annie said...

Just this past week three friends from my church have moved into nursing centers. One sustained a broken wrist, another fell and could not get up until a friend came looking for her after she was unattended for several hours and the other simply needed the rehabilitation offered and knows that she can not return to her lifelong home. So you can tell my friend Merle that she is certainly no alone in this life change. It appears to be a part of all our lives as we transition and age. We will always think of her and remember all the fun and joy she has brought to us through this blog. Hope someone tells her some good jokes from time to time. Thanks Bec for this update.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

Patty said...

Dear Bec, so glad we're finally hearing something about her. I'm so sorry she is in this shape. But strange things happen to all of us as we age. I tried to find Peter's blog, but apparently I didn't have it saved to my listings. Tell her I said hello, give her my love. She may have a good day and remember me. Please continue to update, or if you have a blog, I can now and then leave a comment direct to you. Or you may send me an email at momlinc@yahoo.com. Thank you so much, Patty

audrey` said...

Take care, Merle (((HUGS)))

Lady Di Tn said...

Merle
You may not remember but we always liked to wish one another "Just Enough."
You may have a case of the Oh Dears and not remember us but we will always remember you and all the enjoyment that your blog gave to all of us. Peace

jel said...

Thak you for the update on Merle,
I'm sorry to hear that she Dementia, My mom has it too.

hope they will take good care of her.

sending a big hug to her.

Lee said...

Hello there Bec...I had read Peter's comments on his blog and I was sadden to learn about Merle's situation. However...that doesn't stop me sending her all my very best wishes and tightest, warmest hugs.

Give her my love...it doesn't matter if she doesn't remember me...love is universal. :)

Thanks for updating us, Bec. Keep your chin up, kiddo.... :)

Dave said...

I miss my dear friend Merle...

Best wishes.. you are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Oh Merle, my heart goes out to you and your family. You helped me in ways that I can never express.

My love to you.

Michelle

Karen said...

My heart goes out to all of Merle's family and those who loved her. She was very special to me and was a source of sunshine during the storms I've gone through. You all are in my thoughts and prayers to bring peace, comfort, and strength.